cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Auto Shut off/Sleep Mode Fetch Mighty Box

After about 3 hours viewing my Fetch Mighty box automatically goes into sleep mode if I am not there to press a button on the remote. I have seen and read all the posts which seem to be mostly from 2016. Just wondering if there is now some sort of setting or fix I can use now. This current feature is more than frustrating because my menu options don’t provide the necessary menu options. Would love to hear from anyone who can help resolve the issue. Cheers

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Auto Shut off/Sleep Mode Fetch Mighty Box

Why is this an issue? If you're not watching then why not save the power?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter, it’s not about power saving. The problem is that it goes to sleep while I’m watching it. When I’m not watching the tv and box are switched off at the power socket rather than in stand-by mode. Cheers Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Standby is generally better for a PVR as it will automatically wake (and shutdown after) to record programs you've set.

Its a pretty decent effor not to touch the remote once in three hours? Pause to get a cuppa? Volume tweak? FWIW one of the magnificent things about a PVR is not having to waste 15 minutes an hour watching ads. Even if you prefer watching "live" I would just set a program to record and then do something else for 30 minutes (what another show?). Then start watching your show in Chaseplay and just FF the ads as they come up. The Fetch has a jumpback feature that takes your response time into effect and skips back a little when you resume play at the end of the ads.

But that's just me Smiley Happy None of that helps answer your question of how to disable sleep mode. No doubt you've googled and seen the same posts I have. I'm sorry but unless you have the menu options it looks like 3 hours is hard coded. Suggest just hitting a random remote button every few hours.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS Chase play may also have the effect of disabling SLEEP mode (as you're watching a recording). So even if you hit record and then enter chase play one minute later you should be set? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi again Peter, thank you for your kind help. Not hard to ignore the remote. My iPad is a great distraction. I’ll definitely start leaving the pvr on as your suggestion makes a lot of sense and I’m always happy to take new suggestions on board. Sadly I tend to agree with you in that the auto sleep function may well be hard programmed. Many thanks for your help and input. 

Kind regards

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Maybe someone else will have an option.

NB There's an iPad app to act as a remote for the Fetch which also does other things.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I have this where it wont wake from sleep mode - only the volume keys and TV off work, but fetch wont wake up. Yesterday I was lead by a support person to manage>settings>user and there is an option that sort of mentions the 3hr sleep - disabled that, but still went to sleep overnight...I reckon this started when update 2.18 Daintree was installed. On my second box now.

jp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have a Fetch Mighty. I've noticed that when it went into Sleep Mode after 3 hours, it sometimes would not come out of Sleep Mode and required the power to be turned off, and back on, to restart the box. My previous Fetch Gen 2 STB had the same glitch. Thus, I wanted to disable Sleep Mode so the Sleep Mode awakening glitch became a non-issue. (The glitch is known to Fetch Support who told me that they are looking for a solution to prevent it.) Anyway, a Fetch Support rep gave me the following way to disable Sleep Mode in my Fetch Mighty STB. I'm not sure if you have the same menu options where the setting changes need to be made if you don't have a Mighty, but this is how I did it in my Mighty: Manage/Settings/User/Streaming/Streamed Channel Time Out (set to 'Never') ***Note: If you do NOT have unlimited download data with your ISP, you probably don't want to disable Sleep Mode by set this to 'Never' because the STB could be streaming data 24/7 non-stop which could put you over your download data quota.
Top Contributors