cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Appalling Customer Service - Optus and Toll

Had a problem with my fetch tv set top box which had stopped working. Optus sent me a new set top box which was delivered to my front door. The set top box works fine. The new set top box comes with a Toll Priority prepaid satchel to allow for the return of the old set top box. Trying to arrange a parcel pickup of the old fetch tv set top box has become a nightmare. Called Toll Priority on 13 15 31 as instructed no less than three times to arrange a pickup. Toll cannot organise a pickup time that is convenient for me - apparently they can only do pickups from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on weekdays only and someone has to be home (which I cannot arrange for work reasons). I was offered an option to drop the parcel to the nearest Toll depot which I said I would do if I was given the address of the nearest depot. The person on the phone could not tell me where the nearest depot is and transferred me to another department. With each transfer had to repeat all the details that I have provided to the previous person on the phone. It gets worse because the Toll customer service rep on the other end was forever stuck trying to figure out if the third character in my name is a T or D or whatever.

Called Optus because I wasn't getting anywhere with Toll and the found the Optus service to be worse than Toll. The first customer service rep who answered the phone was not able to provide a resolution. I was asked to stay on hold while my call was transferred to another department. After staying on hold for about 10 minutes the call was disconnected. 

Finally managed to get someone on live chat to respond to my query. Apparently the only solution is now for me to go the post office and post the parcel myself. I am fine with posting the parcel myself however it took four frustrating phone calls with being transferred around and hung up on and one chat session to get to the solution. At no point in the entire process did either Toll or Optus offer to help other than to apologise for the inconvenience. A complete waste of time. Message to optus - please provide multiple options to return parcels. Your parcel pickup service may not suit all customers if you are not willing to be flexible around pickup timings.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Appalling Customer Service - Optus and Toll

Hey A2J, really sorry to hear that but from my understanding Toll may be able to arrange to collect the parcel from a different address. Can I ask if you've tried requesting the pick up from your work address?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, Have considered pick up from work address as well however Toll cannot confirm an exact pick-up time. I am out and about on most days at various sites throughout the city.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Ah, I see, I do apologise for the experience you've had over this, were Toll able to organise a different delivery address at all when you spoke with them? Were they able to narrow down a time frame? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

In my case there have been no return parcels so they have charged me for no return. Then they promise to send out the parcels and they never arrive. They are incompetent as an organisation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Johnno101, happy to see what I can do. Private message us please with your account number, full name and date of birth and details on what you are trying to return. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Eventually I gave up trying to settle this as it was a waste of time and my efforts. Like many others though we have long and short memories and recently when Optus were up for a large contract guess what!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there, I am in in a similar predicament my options are take a day off or drive to the airport (2 tolls + 1hr20mins driving). It's a fetch box with a busted hard drive, can I just chuck it in the bin? I've had it months sitting there finally got organised to send it back and it's very difficult. I'm not going to take a day off or drive to the airport.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors