cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Android Factory Reset results in same phone being counted as two devices

Each time i factory reset my android phone, it counts as a seperate instance of a registered device. Same SIM, phone number and epl log-in. Is this right? I have some shonky security software on my phone called 'MobileIron' which randomly wipes my handset. Would it be the dodgy software, or does ever factory reset make the EPL system think it's a new device?

After waiting a couple of weeks, I managed to de-register one, so I can add it again.

I would like to delete all of the other devices in one go, rather than waiting the mandatory period, can you please point me to the root cause and/or a possible workaround?

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Android Factory Reset results in same phone being counted as two devices

Hi @adge1973,

Just to clarify there - is your My Account showing one device being registered as two? Generally speaking a factory reset on a handset shouldn't have that impact on your device registration at all. I wouldn't be able to comment on third-party applications however if you log into your My Account and delete all current devices you should be able to re-add them right away. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

same here Optus have blocked us from our entitlement beccause we factory reset our phone please resend the link to us  fraternally johnnyred

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out, @johnnyred. The quickest way to fix the issues you're facing is by filling out a Fault Report, this shouldn't take you more than a minute. If you fill this out during a live game, you'll be contacted by a member of our TV & Content team within an hour.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos