Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RedPetal
New Contributor
New Contributor

Amazon PrimeVideo - No sound

When I stream with Amazon Prime Video there is no sound. Advice is to delete and reinstall the app to reinstate the sound, but I can't see where I can do this with in the settings and tools. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Amazon PrimeVideo - No sound

Hi there, @RedPetal. Thanks for posting on Yes Crowd. 

If you're facing sound issues with Amazon Prime Video on your Fetch box but don't have the option of uninstalling the app we recommend performing a Soft Reset or Hard Reset on the box to see if that solves the issue. 

Please keep in mind that performing the Hard Reset will delete any saved content on your Fetch box's hard drive (eg. recordings, downloaded movies etc).

Hope this helps, let us know how you go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
RedPetal
New Contributor
New Contributor

That's great. I don't have anything saved so am happy to reboot. Could you please let me know how to do the reboot?

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@RedPetal The instructions can be found by clicking the hyperlink "Soft Reset or Hard Reset" that I've written in my above post.

I've also provided the instructions below for your convenience:

Soft reset

Performing a soft reset on your Fetch box clears all settings but won't remove any of your recordings.

To perform a soft reset on you Fetch box:

1. Turn off your Fetch TV box and wait for at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on
  2. Within 2 minutes of restarting your Fetch box, press Red > Green > Yellow > Blue on your remote
  3. Keep pressing these buttons in order until the R or Paw light on the Fetch box starts flashing red. This usually occurs after the screen turns off and on
  4. Once the Fetch box restarts, you will need to enter your activation code and complete the setup process

Hard reset

Performing a hard reset or factory reset on your Fetch box will clear all settings and remove any recordings you currently have on your Fetch box.

1. Turn off your Fetch TV box and wait at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on
  2. As soon as your screen shows Preparing System, press Blue > Yellow > Green > Red on your remote
  3. Keep pressing these buttons in the order above until you see the R or Paw light on the Fetch box start flashing red. This usually occurs after the screen turns off and on
  4. Once the Fetch box restarts, you will need to enter your activation code and complete the setup process
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos