Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Lucia1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

All recordings scheduled recording and series tags have disappeard

Last night all good with my fetch box, had over 3.5 years trouble free fetch. Tonight thought all is back to zero. My channels gone all recordings, scheduled recordings and series tags have disappeard ! Feeling mighty angry! Have tried restart and optus phone help tried things as well to no avail. I can record a new item and set a new series tag. 

Many ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steph_C
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: All recordings scheduled recording and series tags have disappeard

Not good to hear - really sorry about this! Have you since been able to get it sorted? If not it might be worth doing a hard reset and go from there, alternatively you can speak with our Tech Support guys.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Lucia1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes i rang tech support on Sunday night and they tried a few things - not a hard reset though. I was told they would investigate further and ring me if they find any solutions. they have not rung. The way the machine was on Sunday night  it seemed like a hard reset was done remotely as I certainly haven't done it. All settings i had put in place were gone, my chanels recordings, series tags, scheduled recordings disappeard from Sat to Sunday.

I read on a forum that one guy found that recordings miraculously reappeared a few days later, so i am waiting a few days.......

I have had this box for 3.5 years now and do not want this to happen again. I am really angry as everything i wanted to watch and trusyed fetch to keep for me is now gone. I do wonder if it is connected to the recent update?

0 Kudos
Steph_C
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Completely understand how annoying this would be and do apologise again Lucia. Do keep us posted with how you get on in the coming days and whether the content shows back up - if not we may need to look at replacing the device for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Lucia1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well I have waited until today - Thursday - and nothing has changed. I did a soft reset and then ran diagnostics and although it said all but one thing working well, my recordings did not re-appear. So what should I do now? I just don't trust the Fetch TV box to not do this again. Also the thing that was wrong when i ran the diagnostics was the aerial connection to free to air tv. I have noticed that when it starts it can be pixilated. Have done a test comparing to the same channel [ABC] via Fetch and via the TV only and it is only the Fetch view that is wonky. Could it be another fault with the box?

I have tried removing aerial connection and then re-connecting. No difference.

0 Kudos
Hannah-L
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Lucia1, given the original issue of the set top box wiping itself and now the FTA channels pixellating, it sounds like it would be worth ordering a new set top box with our Tech Support team. You can reach them 24x7 via LiveChat.

0 Kudos
Lucia1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I have rung tech support and they have told me that as soon as they order a replacement box my present box will stop working. The new box could take 5 days to reach me. The old box works, after a fashion, i can record and watch and have access to non FTA channels which i will not have if the service is switched off. I do not see that this is reasonable customer service. I should be able to ring optus - tell them i have received the new box and THEN they should switch off the old service, not 3-5 days before that!!

Is this really OPTUS policy that the fetch service is turned off as soon as the replacement box is ordered?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

0 Kudos
Marie

Hey @Lucia1,

Yes this is correct as the system we order the new box from can only have one serial number assigned at a time.

There is no way for us to order a replacement device without the current device being deactivated. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos