Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Paulevered2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Activation of fetch mini

I have a brand new never used Fetch mini. I subscribed to fetch online and have an activation code. I subscribed as “other internet provider” as I’m not with Optus. I turn on the fetch mini and say it has internet connection but then comes up with message saying Fetch box not activated but does not give me any options except to restart the box. It has another message to contact my Fetch Service Provider, what ever that means. It never gives me the opportunity to enter the activation code.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_YC

Re: Activation of fetch mini

Hey - @Paulevered2 - Thank you for sharing this.

We recommend on speaking to the retailer of which you've purchased this. They'll be able to provide more insight as to what has happened with the activation and can generally assist with this.

I've attached the Fetch FAQ's here which may be of help to you if you're yet to run through this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Paulevered2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

There is no retailer, I received the box a few years ago when I was with Optus, I put it away and only took it out off the box for first time today. As I’m no longer with Optus I went online and subscribed to fetch and received the activation code via txt, but as I previously said when I turn on the box it immediately says to contact service provider and it provide no option to enter the code.
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

When you do receive the Fetch Mini alongside your internet package, this is on a leasing/loan term. You would generally be asked to have this returned when you are no longer a customer - which is also the reason why you're unable to use the activation. Feel free to message our Facebook or Twitter team so that we can organise a free return for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Paulevered2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have no idea what your talking about, I wasn’t given/loaned or leased the box, I was with Optus before Fetch was even thought of. I decided to purchased the box, much later, it wasn’t a freebie.
0 Kudos
Paulevered2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I don’t seem to be getting a usable response, does anyone out there have a sensible answer or should I just throw it in the bin?
0 Kudos
whattalkingyou
Contributor
Contributor

@Paulevered2if you have an Optus supplied Fetch box, then it will only work with a Fetch service activation code provided by Optus.  You can't sign up directly with Fetch TV and use an Optus branded box, because these boxes belong to Optus.  Vice versa, you can't use a retail purchased box with an Optus activation code.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

Paulevered2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I purchased on line from Optus refurbished fetch site
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @Paulevered2 if you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.