cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Activating a fetch mini box - is it really that hard ?

Hi, 

I recently decided to order a fetch mini box while I was upgrading my family members phone plans. I did all this talking to someone through the online live chat. 

I received the fetch box in the mail and was under the impression I could plug it in and it would work straight away. I rang up immediately and was told it could take 24-48 hours to receive the activation code to either my email or mobile phone connected on my account. Fair enough, I was happy to wait. 

48 hours had past and I rang up tech support again and was told there was an issue with the system generating my activation code for this particular box. Ok, still happy to wait ... for now. 

After a a week or so of ringing a handful of times, I continued to be told to wait “24-48 hours and it will be resolved”. I had finally had enough and spoke to a level 2 technician only to be told that my fetch box had not been activated yet as the team had not looked at my issue yet. I was then told a date as to when again, “the issue will be resolved.” 

I was then finally told the issue could not be resolved with this fetch mini box and the system could not issue me an automatically generate activation code... and I would be sent a new box. 

I have now been sent a new fetch mini box today and been told to wait up to 24 hours for a fetch mini box. I will wait until tomorrow for a code but I’m not liking my chances. 

This has reiterated that the Optus tech teams do not communicate to each other as every single time I rang I was told a different thing. I am not fussed on the fetch mini box at all and now I regret ordering one in the first place. If I knew I could buy one retail, I would’ve. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Activating a fetch mini box - is it really that hard ?

Hey Jfar94 - definitely not the experience we hoped to provide at all. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, DOB, Fetch TV serial number and service/account number? We will do our best to assist with your Fetch Mini activation. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Activating a fetch mini box - is it really that hard ?

Thanks for reaching out ! As I expected, I did not recieve an activation code for this second mini box I was sent. Rang up again and continue to be told I have a previously stuck order and no activation code for anything can be issued until this is "resolved". I have been told to wait "24 hours" again. Now checking my emails this morning it looks like I am being sent a THIRD ! Fetch mini box today in the mail - something I was not told about and don't want. This is just ridiculous now. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors