Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
morningcoffee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Activating FTTC modem to use the 4G sim card even though NBN not connected yet

Hi Optus

I have received a modem with a backup 4G sim card for an NBN Fibre To the Curb connection. Your salesman who took my order told me I would be able to use the sim card for the internet until I was connected to the NBN.

However the modem came with an NBN Connection Device. The instructions say I should connect both the modem and the NBN Connection Device. They say nothing about what to do if NBN is not connected to my property yet.

Should I follow the instructions to connect both devices in order to access the 4G sim internet connection, while I wait for the NBN connection? If not what should I do? Also I want to confirm that once connected I will have 4G backup until connected to the NBN, as your salesman told me.

Hoping you can answer these questions, Optus, as I have been unable to get in contact with anyone at Optus via phone support nor via the app for two days now.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Activating FTTC modem to use the 4G sim card even though NBN not connected yet

@morningcoffee wrote:

I have received a modem with a backup 4G sim card for an NBN Fibre To the Curb connection. Your salesman who took my order told me I would be able to use the sim card for the internet until I was connected to the NBN.

Correct.

However the modem came with an NBN Connection Device. The instructions say I should connect both the modem and the NBN Connection Device. They say nothing about what to do if NBN is not connected to my property yet.

You still follow those instructions. If there is no NBN connection to connect the NBN device to then just use the Optus router buy itself to make use of its 4G backup.

Also I want to confirm that once connected I will have 4G backup until connected to the NBN, as your salesman told me.

The 4G backup is only intended to work for up to 30 consecutive days. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors