Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
glennMilton
New Contributor
New Contributor

Accèss to emails has been lost on change of service

I've just changed from ADSL to mobile broadband and lost connection with my emails.Most frustrating ...

How can this connection be restored?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kartika

Re: Accèss to emails has been lost on change of service

Hi @glennMilton since you transferred your service to mobile broadband the email has to be attached to the mobile broadband service number side. You will need to speak with our support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Kartika  Is what you replied possible please?
From what I can  can see none of the 4G or 5G Internet plans offer an email address and I am sure I have read other threads where people have been caught out moving their Optus Internet Service from a fixed to non fixed service.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Morning @Tigers1719, our Optus webmails are only attached to fixed services. However  our teams may be able to add on a stand alone email. I would recommend having a chat to our Messenger teams whom will be able to advise further and have this organised for you  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Tuong_YC I have no email issues.
What my concern is that if the OP follows through on this advice that they maybe disappointed.
They contact support and if the email cannot be added it is not a good outcome for the customer and reflects badly on Optus. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Upon leaving a fixed network, losing the landline number as well as features attached such as Optus emails, subscriptions, discounts etc is included with the terms and conditions.

However as mentioned, we would be more than happy to look into restoring an email and attached it as a add on to your current arrangement. Although this is not a guarantee, as there a couple factors to consider we can certainly advise further. 

In saying that though, we will be unable to look into your concern via a public forum. If you could send through a message to our Support teams, that would be much appreciated. We are also able to have a look into it via our Facebook or Twitter 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.