cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

AGAIN GIVING SCORES AWAY IN OPTUS SPORT!!! MODERATOR PLEASE RESPOND

I cannot believe I am having to do this again!

I sat down today to watch the two EPL games played early this morning, having recorded both on my Fetch Might box.

I get half way through the Weast Ham v Fulham game and the pundits at half time start discussing the other game between Cardiff and Watford.Luckily I managed to fast forward without finding out the score.

BUT THEN: In the second half I see THE SCORES FROM THE OTHER MATCH IN THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER OF THE SCREEN!!! 

What Gives?

This is ludicrous.

I pay my subscription to Optus Sport (who carry ALL the games and so have no nedd to give away scores from other matches) to watch as many FULL games as possible. I am a retiree so I have the time and most weeks watch at least 6 full games either recorded or streaming and tyhe rest either in Mini Matches or if I rumn out of time, in Highlights.

What I don't want is anyone giving away the scores at any time, EVER.

I can just about tolerate it in the last week of the season when the relegation or championship positions are being decided but at ANY other time of the season it is totally UNFORGIVABLE TO BE DOING THIS and is a real slap in the face to customers.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP THIS AT ONCE AND PASS ON THIS FEEDBACK.

It was bad enogh last season when, in the app, the images shown for the streaming games often gave away massive pointers to something that had happened in the game, bit this is ridiculous and amateurish. 

I have now had my Saturday afternoon ruined. I hope this practice stops immediately before more of my subscription is ruined and I have to complain again. I will of course not be recommending Optus Sport to anyone if this is the way you treat your customers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: AGAIN GIVING SCORES AWAY IN OPTUS SPORT!!! MODERATOR PLEASE RESPOND

Never watched the games, but is the commentary by Ausralian Optus Sport?

My understanding is that Optus simply broadcast the feed that is provided from the UK. Unfortunately they have no control over what is said in that feed. I agree spoilers like that are completely out of order especially these days with subscription plans and on demand watching.

FWIW Optus did have initial teething problems with highlights, images and main menu scores  giving away results (even publishing the duration of the on demand recording would give away if extra time was needed). 

Its a bit tricky knowing exactly when you can safetly discuss results these days (After one day? two?) Its as much a modern side affect of having dozens of games available at any given point to watch. 

Hopefully the feed back gets through though - commentators should be talking only about the game they're watching.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: AGAIN GIVING SCORES AWAY IN OPTUS SPORT!!! MODERATOR PLEASE RESPOND

Hi Peter, even a simple heads up that scores are about to be shown or that a game will be discussed later would be better than not doing anything to avoid showing scores. But there really is no excuse for giving scores from other games during games as you can now find out scores in so many ways if you want to from social media, internet, mobile apps, tv, radio etc. There is no reason for it at all. What is gained or added to the experience? Nothing. Optus have used the excuse that they just take the feed from the UK last year but they did seem to pass on terrible feedback when they were giving away spoilers in the app and other places in the optus sport interface on fetch mighty. It has been ok in that area since.
0 Kudos