Searching...
Highlighted

AFL just started this week! Why is it not on Optus Sports?

SpiritualTomato

I'm. So confused, also underwhelmed with the content of Optus Sports.. It's been out awhile now and I'm wondering why it is lacking content?? 

AFL just started ,how come it's not on there? It makes sense. 

Re: AFL just started this week! Why is it not on Optus Sports?

Marie

Hey @SpiritualTomato,

Thanks for your feedback we'll certainly pass it on.

Optus doesn't have the rights to show the AFL however we do for the English Premier League, you can check out more on our content here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SpiritualTomato

Yes please pass it on. As I feel at its current state there is no point using it. There is just two sports  

What about basketball, netball, motorsports, cricket, tennis..... Where are all the staple sports? Rugby doesn't interest me much  

SamSam

The rights have to be available for Optus to even consider taking a crack at obtaining them. Foxtel/Telstra/7 currently have the broadcasting rights across TV and digital for the AFL until 2022 so don't hold out for that any time soon!

I think the real positive out of it is competition and what it will do for us as the consumers. Telstra/Foxtel/7, in my opinion, have been far to complacent in what they offer when it comes to rugby and AFL for far to long. It's probably true for other popular sports in Aus but AFL, rugby and cricket are the main ones I watch. If you look to America and the options offered to their sporting fans are fantastic so I hope Optus making a push into this space is the catalyst for change sooner rather than later. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Sportwatcher

Totally agree.Optus sport is useless. No Aussie sport 

Sportwatcher

Yep very underwhelming.Pointless 

Bouchbre

There's a reason why Optus Sport is included free with just about every product Optus sells: unless you're into English soccer, it's worthless.

Dan_C

@Bouchbre, we were the official telco partner for the commonwealth games, we've partnered with Cricket Australia & Swimming Australia to bring you content un-metered. For more info head to → https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/entertainment/sport

Soccer is the world's game and as it turns out there's a rather huge following in Aus. Of course, It's not everyone's cup of tea. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
34 Kudos
24 Kudos
15 Kudos
8 Kudos