cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

7hrs on hold over 2 days. Fetch remote faulty

All I want to be able to do is report my faulty fetch remote (brand new, Optus-supplied so have to address this with Optus) and get a new one sent out.
But I’ve spent close to 8hrs combined sitting on hold - only to have my calls terminated at the 2 and 2.5hr mark each time.
I can’t create register for My Account App to access other help services. It doesn’t recognise my email which is strange given that that’s how I placed my order and how they have contacted me previously. There’s no other way to contact them at the moment.
I’m frustrated, I’m tired, I just want it to work. And yes, the batteries work, I even bought new ones this morning. Without a working remote I can’t activate the fetch box and get started with using it. And it’s all sitting there waiting for me to push ‘ok’.
I’m trying to be calm and understanding.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 7hrs on hold over 2 days. Fetch remote faulty

Ah, that's an incredibly long time to be waiting on hold.

Our customer care teams have been given a directive to assist with critical enquiries only i.e. customers without access to a working internet or mobile service. 

Due to the impact to our partner sites overseas, we're running on skeleton staff. We've recently began training our new onshore support teams, so you can expect normal operations to resume shortly

Really, the best way to contact us right is via Messaging in the My Optus app. If you cannot access the app, our Social Media team can help with that. 

You can send them a PM on Facebook or a DM or Twitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos