cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

7Tennis App froze my Fetch TV

Hello

Tonight I was trying to watch a tennis match on the 7Tennis App which is listed in the Apps menu on my Fetch TV. I gor the ads before OK & about 2 seconds of the match but then it froze. It actually locked up the whole system. I couldn't use the Back or Stop button nor any buttons at all. Wouldn't even turn off.

I had to unplug the power cord to get it back working. Then I tried again & got the same result. In factI couldn't get the straming channels to work at all although the Free to Air ones worked as these are connected via an aerial.

The Fetch box works off a powerline adapter and I have had to unplug it several times over the past week to get it working again.

Very frestrating!!

Any ideas??

Thanks

Geeaygee

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 7Tennis App froze my Fetch TV

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately no 😣

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, we haven't received any reports in relation to the above issue. 

Can I get you guys to perform a soft reset? Instructions below

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

If the issue remains, I'll raise this one with our TV & Content team and have them perform an investigation. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you but I have tried both a soft and a factory reset but its still freezing.

The app was actually working fine until yesterday (Saturday 20/1/18) when the app started going wrong. It will play the advertisements fine but only plays less than 10 seconds of tennis before freezing. Have to disconnect the box from the power to get the box to work again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, thanks guys. I'll raise this with TV & Content and get back to both of you with more info. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, when you get the chance can you send through a private message with the following details → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

· Username:

· Is the linear (streaming) channels currently working?

· Does the customer get a streaming error on the screen when attempting to watch 7tennis through the box?

We’ve had some reports come through about 7tennis application causing a blank screen with an error appearing “streaming error” and there is currently an open PR - 17900851. This issue is currently under investigation with Fetch and channel 7.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Have sent a PM with the required details. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Cheers

Geeaygee

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Appreciate the details @geeaygee. This has been noted. We are still waiting for an update from Fetch / Channel 7 for the open PR - 17900851 as Dan advised before. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors