Searching...
Highlighted

WHY can't I use my own modem

[ Edited ]
Vikki49

I want to use my own 3G/4G/LTE modem supplied with my laptop. Optus will not let me. WHY?

I spent 1000s $$$ on a laptop with a built in modem and you block me? Why? Feeling very annoyed.

Re: WHY can't I use my own modem

Paddylee

The 200Gb and 500Gb Wireless Broadbandd plans must be used with devices on the list located here:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Optus-Wireless-Broadband-eligible-device-list/m-p/512447#M61...

This is a condition of the plan.

If you choose a Mobile Broadband sim only plan - you can use what ever device you wish.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Vikki49

Thank you for your reply. I guess these days it comes down to doing all the right research that relying on Optus to inform you.  Not even their support channel could tell me that.

Didn't the governmentnrule this kind of behaviour out?

Paddylee

Their is no government laws against this at all.

Other Telcos have similar rules such as sims on tablet plans must stay in a tablet and not a phone etc

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo