Searching...
Highlighted

Syn email with all devices

Roosterhead

1)I have 2 iphones, ipad and laptop. can I syn all devices every time I manage my email.  They don't seem to syn as I have to delete from each device individually. Is there a setting I can syn all devices. 

2) I don't seem to view the next email without going back to "inbox", etc.

3) I seem to have to delete my email couple of times before it disappear from my inbox.

Re: Syn email with all devices

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

The simplest solution would seem to get a single online account. Gmail? OutLook?

You can set them up to get emails from another email address (and import any old emails in bulk)

Its unclear  but if you're using an ISP email service then you are dependent on staying with that ISP or you lose the email. IMO its better to migrate to an online one and be Telco agnostic Smiley Happy

Peter Gillespie

PS Its sync not syn

Roosterhead

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info but I am not quite clear. All my devices are accessing the same optusmail, all my other email seem to be doing OK will all other provider like Gmail or Yahoo, except for Optusmail.  Any idea?  Thanks for the spelling "sync".

Also in Optusmail, I can't view the next email without going back to Inbox (seem to be able to do it before).

Tano

Hey @Roosterhead, I believe you'll need to set up IMAP on your mail clients across all devices so that incoming and outgoing mail sits on the server, syncing with the different mail clients you're using. The setup varies from device to device and client, and this guide should cover the basics for iOS. Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

@Tano says, possibly its about IMAP settings. You might need to get a tech savy friend who can look at your specific setup locally. I've never used Optus Mail so can't speak to specific functionality that might have gone.

FWIW I'd suggest trying the GMAIL experiment. The good thing about it is its complete seperate from your current setup. You can have a play around and see what works or not. If you decide not to go further just close the GMail account.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo