cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor StephanRG
New Contributor

Optus Sport Account Set Up

Hi Charles Weiser,

Sorry for reaching out to you in this unusual way, but I thought, this could be of interest to you based on you job title as Head of Customer Experience at Optus. I hope myself taking the time to write this down is of value for Optus and will be an incentive for you guys to improve customer experience in the future.

I just had a very negative experience while engaging with the Optus website, which led to a somewhat positive experience engaging with Optus Customer Service.

I am an Optus customer since one month. Part of my Optus package is the Optus Sport subscription. Within the last weeks I tried several times to set up my Optus Sport account. Today was the first time I invested 1.5 hours in this endeavor and was finally able to successfully set up the account.

I started at https://sport.optus.com.au. I tried first to login with my normal Optus account details, which did not work. Then I went on setting up a new account. As an existing Optus customer the first step is for the site to check my eligibility for Optus Sport (the site forces me to enter my Optus Mobile number, my date of birth and even sends a confirmation code to the mobile phone). The site found out, that I was eligible and gave me the instructions to go in to my Optus account, choose the service to add Optus sport to (the first page of "my account" does not let you do that), select the entertainment tab (there is no entertainment tab) and then activate Optus Sport (which was not possible). I then spent some time searching the Optus account website, was linked to the general Optus Sport advertising page, eventually redirected to the Optus Sport Login Page, which again checked my eligibility and gave me the same (non-working) instructions as before.

I tried to the activation via the Yes Optus App. The App even guides me towards a button which is called “Activate Optus Sport”, bug again this leads to the eligibility check and the same (non-working) instructions.

After researching the issue via google and within the Optus Yes crowd forums I discovered, that several customers had this issue before me. It seems that the guys working on forums could not help your customers.

I then contacted Optus customer service via chat. The chat agent was very friendly. However after I had to type in again all my details he simply gave me the same (non-working) instructions, eventually gave up and made sure, I was called by a CS agent from the Optus Sport team. The first agent was very hard to understand and not very helpful. He also gave up after a couple of minutes and forwarded my call to another agent called “Barat”, who was exceptionally helpful and friendly. He created the Optus Sport account on my behalf, stayed on the line, while I was waiting for the confirmation mail and even waited until I had created my password and checked if the video stream was working.

I asked Barat, why I was not able to set the account up myself and what I was doing wrong. Barat then told me that this is driven by an internal IT system change within Optus which keeps some customers from being able to set up their accounts. All these accounts need to be created by the customer service.

As I already had tried to set up the Optus Sport account one month ago, I feel, that this issue must have been going on for a while.

This whole episode raises several questions to me:

• Why is Optus Sport not just simply activated from the start of my contract?
  • Why are there different accounts for My Optus and Optus Sport?
  • If you guys are aware, that some customers have problems setting up their account. Why not make this visible to customers in the first place? Why was I forced to unsuccessfully navigate through several Optus sites for an hour until finally giving up, contacting CS and then having to bear with 1 CS chat and 2 CS call agents for another 30 minutes?

Feel free to forward my message to somebody in your team. Feel free to let them reach out to me in case of questions.

Cheers

Stephan

5 Replies
Occasional Contributor pRoy
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Sport Account Set Up

Congratulations on having the patience to see it through . I don't have the same level of determination needed to deal with Optus Sport 'support'.

I too have been sent on wild goose chases and gone around in seemingly never ending circles, ending at the same useless point each time. I only seek what is rightfully mine, Optus Sport that I have already paid for as part of my phone package. 

Optus have my money, I don't have the service. Sound familiar anyone? 

You are very lucky to have found Barat, cherish him and never let him go. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ljcovo
New Contributor

I just want to organize Optus Sport so i can watch EPL.  Why is it so hard?

Your operators say i can do it my self on line.  All your web forms are "Temporarily out of service".  So NO i cannot!!!

i do not have an Optus mobile and do not want the app on my phone. Home and or computer is just fine.

Jeff.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you are not an Optus customer on an eligible plan and would like access to Optus Sport, you will need to purchase the Optus Sport subscription via the App or Google Play store for $14.99/mth. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ljcovo
New Contributor

I am an Optus customer with NBN broadband at home.

I have loaded the app.

I am prepared to pay the $14.99 pm fee.

I still cannot sign up.  even if i try by mobile, the confirmation email does not arrive.

No its not in spam or anywhere else.

what now?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

it may be because you're on an eligible plan and you aren't required to pay for Optus Sport.

Have you gone through the eligibility checker?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors