Searching...

Optus Business Mobile Broadband Static IP Address - How to Setup on Dlink DWR921 Router

iamwk

Hi

Just got a static IP address with my Optus Business Mobile Broadband. 

Wondering if anyone can show me how to set it up on my wireless router DLink DWR921

Thanks

Jo

Re: Optus Business Mobile Broadband Static IP Address - How to Setup on Dlink DWR921 Router

petergdownload

You want the WAN Service setup menu.

Details on what to do on page 10 of the user manual

Unfortunately Optus don't seem to provide all the numbers needed to set this up (Default Gatway, Mask etc.) - @Dan_C perhaps you could get a blog post on these?

You apparently have to contact Optus direct anyway to "activate" a static IP. Sugget you get to that page on your modem then. Jump onto livechat and after they have activated it (if needed) you can ask for the values of those numbers (Leave MAC Address and NAT Disable alone)

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Re: Optus Business Mobile Broadband Static IP Address - How to Setup on Dlink DWR921 Router

Paddylee

And you will have to force the router to 3g only as there is no public/static on Optus 4g (except some enterprise plans) 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

iamwk

Hi Peter, 

Got all the settings from Optus, have had static IP address activated by Optus. 

But when I try to connect to the internet with the new settings, the connection dies. 

Any other ideas? 

Am using a DRW921 modem router

Thanks 

Paddylee

And you have forced your device to 3g only?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo