Searching...
Highlighted

New prepaid service

Barbie_Tingz

Hi there,

when setting up a new prepaid service, is it at all possible to choose my own personally generated phone number as opposed to choosing one of the optus generated list of phone numbers?

the phone number i am wanting to have is an extremely old optus phone number that I previously had years ago. I have checked to see if the phone number is currently being used by another customer by dialing the number, and the number is currently disconnected, so not in use.

so is it possible at all, when i sign up for a new prepaid service, that I am able to chose to have that specific number allocated to myself?

thanks in advance.

Re: New prepaid service

Yeldarb

I don't think they would do that for you on prepaid however there is no harm in asking. If you were to go on a minimum contract they may show more interest in doing that for you. I was in a similar situation myself a few years back and I put the ball in their court by saying I was interested in a new service but only if I could get my old number back. Jump onto the live chat and ask the question as you never know till you ask.

https://www.optus.com.au/notices/service-chat

Re: New prepaid service

Barbie_Tingz

What a great and simple suggestion Smiley Happy And good to know that there could be a small possibility of getting that old phone number back. I had the number for so long that even friends & family still remember it off by heart & it would just take away that pain & hassle of having to learn a new number & having to pull out my phone just to check what the number is every single time i sign up to something new.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query, I very much appreciate it Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo