Searching...
Highlighted

Is there any limitation times to port in and port out to Optus?

Morie

Re: Is there any limitation times to port in and port out to Optus?

SamSam

Yes, but it's not Optus specific. The ACMA set out the rules for all carriers which state porting is only available during business hours. That's a little vaugue but I'm pretty sure it's not available on Sunday or after 8 or 9pm on weekdays. Saturdays I believe it's available 9-5.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

petergdownload

Whether they notice is another thing.

There's a subset of customers that don't care about keeping phone numbers that just buy bulk prepaid SIMs every few years. They activate them each month to get the introductory bonus and just keep churning. That's usually with the same carrier which can also get pinged occassionally. I guess you can do it until you get told no in which case you're stuck with whichever carrier you last got.

@SamSam, Interesting info Smiley Happy

Peter Gillespie

SamSam

Oh I read it as time in terms of if you call at midnight will it still go through, not the number of times you can port in and out haha

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

petergdownload

lol (and I do not use that TLA lightly Smiley Happy)

I only read "Yes, but it's not Optus specific. The ACMA set out the rules for all carriers which state... " before concluding there was some definite rules in play. 

Juries still out on the OPs intention though.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo