Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

"Playback error. Please reload the stream and try again".

I've been trying to watch the ICC games from this morning on my android phone (HTC M7) but keep getting the playback error.
When I first got the app and watched a replay about a week ago it was working fine. Haven't made any changes to my phone or anything since then.

I've tried
1) Closing / reopening the app
2) Restarting the phone
3) Uninstalling and reinstalling the app

But it still gives me the playback error after a couple of minutes each time. Happening on both the leicester v barca as well as the real madrid v bayern games..

Very frustrating! Is there anything I can do?? 😞

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: "Playback error. Please reload the stream and try again".

Hey @Dab91 can get how frustrating this would be. Have you tried clearing the app cache, and are you connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular when this occurs? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just tried clearing the app data and cache and still getting the error.

To clarify, I'm using the Optus 4G network in the Sydney CBD, not connected to any WiFi. Signal speed and strength doesn't seem to be the issue!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

OK, I'll chat with the app team and see what we can do / suggest.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Dab91 can you PM me a screenshot of the error? Can you also please send me your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same issues and tried the same steps to resolve with no luck. Very frustrating

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey andypryde - are you able to shoot me through a PM with the email address registered to your Optus Sport account as well as your account number and DOB? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Having exact same problem getting the exact same error.  Got it on my 4G and my high speed fibre connected NBN.  Got it in my Samsung S4 and my Galaxy Tab 3. However I'm  a vurious oerson... flipped into another match (calling up ICC matches in demand) and it started to work fine... went back to my orginal match and no good. Restatrted devices and success rate of watching withoyt error roughly 1 in 15 attempts.  Have cleared cache on all occasions... clised down orher open apps.... what I have found though (as installed on onter Tab 3 I have) is if the device has plenty of space left it ran 19 times out of 20 fine... so whilst clearing cache hleps i think the device needs plenty of space to manage the video.  Surely this can be overcome because I stream live TV on my Foxtel Go app and never ever have a stream error... so optus guys please it can be done but if it is nit fixed I will not renew my EPL subscription next seadon - the frustration of a promused service not working is really not worth the hassle.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Not good to hear AJBlues, If you can get in touch with our EPL team on 1800 230 158 we'll look into this with you further.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you 

0 Kudos