cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Rainman95
New Contributor
New Contributor

new phones

Why do long term existing customers need to upgrade their service when upgrading a phone is it just your way of double dipping and not caring about long term custom ????

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: new phones

Hi there, @Rainman95

Generally, when you're looking to upgrade your handset, the current plan you're on may no longer be available and you'll have to move one of our current in-market plans to take up with your new handset. 

We appreciate your feedback and will ensure to pass this onto relevant teams to review as we're always looking for ways to improve our customer's experience & journey with Optus. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.
Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Rainman95
New Contributor
New Contributor

what a load of crap its just because i am on an cheaper plan and its a way of you double dipping getting me to spend more

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Rainman95  The new phone would cost Optus more to buy so they have increase the price.
Buy a new phone outright and find the best plan that suits your needs.

I am an Optus user.
Rainman95
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well you don’t know what you are talking about because the repayments cover more than the cost of the phone they are just double dipping
0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes agree there is no value to be found in phone plans unless you supply your own phone. Having been on 200 GB and 500 GB phone plans for many years I don't think I will ever buy another phone on contract.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Rainman95  Where in my reply did I state that was the only reason for the change?
When you buy a phone on a plan you take out a contract once the contract is over, you can continue paying the monthly charge to continue the phone service or if you want a new phone from Optus you have to sign up for a new plan. They are the rules don't shoot the messenger.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Rainman95
New Contributor
New Contributor

you are missing the whole point of the conversation 

0 Kudos