cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

minion2021
New Contributor
New Contributor

moving from prepaid esim mobile to esim data only

Ok hopefully this can be resolved promptly before I need to escalate it 3 times.

Yesterday I purchased an e sim to use with my apple watch however upon trying to activate the sim and use it I got an error that my plan isn't eligable then I found out why as my plan was on prepaid. Then I tried organise for a small mbb plan on an esim via chat only to be told that the messaging team can't do this at the moment and I was directed to go in store . (I can't go in store due to covid-19 restrictions).

#https://www.optus.com.au/mobile/esim + this is what i want my plan to be but on an esimthis is what i want my plan to be but on an esim

since then i have rung both shellharbour and wollongong stores only to be told that their customer service team is closed. Please can someone help me get this sorted out?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: moving from prepaid esim mobile to esim data only

Hi there @minion2021, if our Messaging team cannot organise that eSIM order for you at the moment, I recommend giving our Sales team a call directly on 1300 611 468. They're available Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm, Sat: 9am - 7pm & Sun: 9am - 6pm AEST. 

For more info, I also suggest taking a look at our eSIM Guide

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
minion2021
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks and tried it but the sales assistant was not helpful at all !!!!

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

That's not good to see @minion2021. I've flagged your comment for the relevant teams to review, as we're always looking to improve the level of service we provide. 

In terms of Sales teams, we have the Messaging team and Call Centre team mentioned previously. I understand that you can't visit an Optus Store currently, however that may be an option available to you when COVID restrictions ease in your location.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
minion2021
New Contributor
New Contributor

all i wanted to do is sim share ....so i can use my iwatch i know it is doable if both numbers are active
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Yes, we do offer Number Share for Smart Watches, however the mobile will need to be on an eligible plan. For more info, please check our Number Share guide. If your existing mobile isn't on an eligible plan, you will need to speak to our Sales team using the contact details provided previously to change to an eligible plan. Jack

0 Kudos