Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

how to actually talk to the right person in OPTUS

Is bloody impossible.

no I don't want to post a bloody message to the bloody crowd. I just want to be able to talk to an actual OPTUS person who can actually resolve the problem.

This whole approach by OPTUS is just bloody wrong and is doing the more reputational harm than they actually realise

11 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: how to actually talk to the right person in OPTUS

Yes,I agree. Telstra have lifted their customer service dramatically once a dedicated person was given to every problem to follow through. I must have spoken with 20 people via facebook, phone, internet live chat (make that 25 people) I still cannot get connected.  So four page letter to the GM of Customer Realtions by snail mail (as no fax number listed on website) so will now wait for another 10 days for a response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

What's actually going on Leverage? Are you experiencing a fault or is this a Billing query? We'll try to help as much as we can here.

For Repofmancunia, really sorry it's come to that. Hopefully our Customer Relations Group can get to the bottom of this and resolve it once and for all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you but "Hopefully" is not filling me with confidence. I thought that having the name and direct number of someone in your resolutions department would have solved the connection issue but sadly that did not happen so now i wait. However if the streaming of the EPL does not show sn improvement then it eill not be worth connecting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Is the problem only with EPL streaming or are other things involved? How are you steaming? Is it web, phone/tablet or Yes TV by Fetch box? Our CRG team are the highest point of escalation within Optus and do have access to all other teams like faults and Billing. It'll really depend on the complexity of your complaint though they should be able to resolve it eventually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The first problem is trying to "port" my ADSL to Optus that has been going on for more than three weeks. Here is the letter to CRM. The second proble (at the bottom) is the "buffereing" of the VOD replay.

UNBELIEVABLE FRUSTRATION TRYING TO GET CONNECTED

I have a landline and ADSL connected with (an Optus) reseller Exetel, with whom I have been happy but took the plunge to switch to Optus primarily for the EPL.

So I signed up on 18 th July (copy attached).

I got a message to call the Pre Activation team (22 July) as the Contract had been cancelled as there was no vacant pair. I was told to cancel my existing service and then take a chance with reconnection. I explained that I did not want a new line but just a “port”. I was transferred to Sales to reapply. (copy attached)

I reapplied (you have to start all over again you know!) with a request to “Port” which I duly did.

I received a message to call the Pre-activations team as my second contract had been cancelled (29 July). (Various reasons like cable was available, oh no its not, there is no copper wire, oh yes there is, etc etc  I called the phone number and talked to 4 or 5 people in various departments (Back End, Pre-activations, Sales). Eventually I had a phone call from Emily in Rectification or Resolutions or such name and she assured me that it was a simple problem and that everyone else should have found out that my number is effectively an Optus number anyway and the port would be easy. They would send me a modem. I agreed to do the switch on 12th August. Reference number #809016172.

I had a message next day to call pre-activations (Sat 30th July) urgently in connection with my preactivation. There was no way to connect ADSL as I was able to get cable. After one hour on hold whilst the Lady did some digging, she told me that the “cable was under construction”. She had to find out what that meant and would call me back. No call back happened.

I called Emily on Monday (1st August) to see what was happening and told me it was all under control and ignore any messages from Pre-activations and scheduled for 12th August.

Called Resolution Department on 11th August and confirmed that switch over would happen on 12th August with modem delivery between 8am and 1pm.

At 11 am I called to see what was happening. Was told that modem takes three days and that I could wait or use my existing modem with Optus Tech assisting with the set-up. I elected to use my existing modem and Resolutions would call me at 5pm to connect me.

It is now 7.30 pm – Resolutions have gone home and I am still none the wiser. (I guess when the contract is cancelled I should have been wary despite Emily’s assurances that everything would be ok).

Maybe you would like to investigate and determine the cause of the #OptusFail.

In the meantime I will watch the EPL by some other way until Optus can connect a very patient customer or until my team starts to lose and I give up and stay with Exetel.

I am sure that there are not so many potential customers who would hang in there as long as I have for a simple port.

----end of letter--

So I have access to the EPL over my existing ASDL and to be frank - it is cr#p. I have better "streaming" over the foreign streaming sites than I get through the Optus Sport channel. There is contiinual buffering after every two minutes or so. I am watching on laptop or a Samsung Tablet. Download speed 3.8 MP/s and Latency 35ms Jitter 98 ms from your speed test site.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 3962 kbps (495.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 257 kbps (32.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 35 ms
Jitter: 98 ms
8/14/2016, 10:22:09 AM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for clarifying. Definitely nothing else using the internet at the same time when you're trying to stream? Your upload isn't very high and anything using that would impact your streaming quality. Were you streaming Optus Sport plus another site at the same time? Or did you turn one off and then stream on the other for testing? We recommend at least 3Mb/s to stream comfortably. 

I'm sorry about your porting/installation delays 😞 I really hope they get resolved soon and you can get connected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I was only watching Optus Sport initially. Later for testing I watch the Optus Sport and another stream simultaneously. When I did this Optus Sport did not get any worse. There is no one else at home, I dont think my wifi has been hacked, and unless microsoft is updating (normnally Thursday) I do not see anything else going on. My download is in excess of your recommended speed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

That's very strange then 😞 I'd expect the quality to change once you started another stream. There are options on the website stream to choose "Low quality" or "Auto" etc. Our EPL tech support team can run through some troubleshooting on 1800230158 and raise a fault on your behalf.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here I want to speak to someone who can solve my problem,

0 Kudos