Searching...

Re: epl on demand poor quality

Aman_B

Hey @familytan77, apologies if this is still happening. Could you please let us know if this happens again during any of the live matches so that we can raise this with our EPL team? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

H12

Hi Phil,

I contacted Optus a number of times. A technician has been to my house and my wiring is all good. Iv done all the trouble shooting optus have told me to do. My last experience with optus on the phone was horrendous. I was  palmed off by customer service to adsl technical support who then transferred me to optus cable department, who transfered me back to adsl technical support who transferred me back to cable. After this happened 3 times it was established nbn and cable is not available in my area which i told optus the first time yet they kept passing me off to one another. Eventually i was transferred to fetch tv who advised my internet is not good enough to run fetch tv. cannot even watch fetch tv or optus sport. Shouldnt have optus explained this to its customers before signing them on a 24 month contract! That they got the premier league rights but no means to watch the matches! That its internet is an absolute joke! Eventually fetch tv department transferred me back to adsl 2 support who advised me to get another INTERNET PROVIDER  to stream my OPTUS PRODUCTS! What a joke! Customer service rating 0! Resolution NON! What kind of employ tells me to go get another internet provider rather than assist me in resolving my damn issue! I was on the phone for over 2 hours! 

H12

OPTUS REF#15910372 - technician call out

But NO RESOLUTION. Optus advised my internet speed will some how "increase" once technician has been to my property. Iv enquired if there is a "bandwith restriction" on my account in which apparently theres not. So optus basically ruined EPL for me because optus sport and fetch tv require minimum 3-4mbps PLUS to run without interruption and im only receiving only 2-2.3mbps whilst a singular device is connected stright to my internet. Im not an idiot. I understand if i run multiple devices my internet will be slower which seems like the only excuse all optus departments use rather than have some sort of REAL solutions. 

Gen_R

Hey h12 - we'd only advise you to go to another provider if we weren't able to fix your issue, IE the area was suffering from peak time capacity slow downs and there were no upgrades scheduled. I hear what you're saying and get how frustrating this would be for you. I've had a look at the ticket. I can see that a tech did attend on the 30th and it still hasn't improved at all? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

H12

The technician came out and theres been no affect on anything the technician did. I was advised the internet optus are sending from the exchange is not suffient enough to view fetch tv or optus sport. So i see this as a optus issue?  If i wasnt having issues i wouldnt even go through all this. I think its ridiculous adsl support team are advising me this isnt a "issue" which is the words they said to me when it clearly is. The guy from tech support palmed me off for 2 hours then come back and said go to another provider to use optus products IE Optus sport. 

dahutch

As my pre recorded matches have suddenly decided to stop and the picture disappears mid match I phoned EPL guys about the terrible quality of ON DEMAND. They are still aware of the issue and are looking for a fix. As it has now been on going since the season started I can guess that its either like it or lump it. Either way I cannot wait for my 2 year contract to end  and hope to God somebody else takes over the premier league. BIG PRICE SHODDY SERVICE OPTUS.

dahutch

Just so Optus are reminded of how unhappy,ripped off.trapped into a 24 month contract I am (and I'm pretty sure most EPL watchers are the same)

The quality of EPL matches is still abysmal (with only 10 matches of the season left) The ON DEMAND is still totally unwatchable, my internet speed WITH nbn was 4.8 mbps on Saturday night

(yes I know I was promised UP TO I know I know promised UP TO 100 mbps) I have spoken to EPL department numerous times as they PROMISE to find a fix for on demand QUALITY issues, talk about getting palmed off Eh ?...

Any way, just over a year to go now before I can get rid of this rip off once and for all.

I never appreciated EPL on Foxtel until I waded through this drivel.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo