Searching...

epl on demand poor quality

dahutch

I cannot believe everybody has the same poor (really really poor) quality when trying to watch EPL on demand. Each week it is unwatchable. Optus tell me EPL division is aware of the issue but there is not a fix scheduled. Has ANYBODY got an answer for this please.

Re: epl on demand poor quality

[ Edited ]
soetes

I have the same problem. Premier League performance on Apple TV has been really bad lately. First the Highlights wouldn't load, now the On Demand matches are often unwatachably pixelated. Right now, I'm trying to watch Leicester v Man City and it's unwatchable.

I've restarted the device several times and reinstalled the app twice, with all the time and hassle that takes. Nothing changes. I have Optus Cable. Netflix works fine. No-one else is up at home, so there'sn o competition for signal.

The EPL works fine on my computer, but I don't want to watch on my computer. The whole reason I got this was to be able to watch it on TV. And now I can't even get through to Support. Optus wants to SMS me when they're available. What am I supposed to do now, when I want to watch the service for which I have paid? This is not a commercially acceptable level of service.

Toomey

I've tagged your comments as feedback for the EPL guys but I recommend contacting them directly on 1800230158  when you get some time. They can run some tests and use the findings to better improve your service.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

EK

The quality is disgusting. And don't Optus say it is my internet connection as I can stream a 2 hour movie no problem but cannot watch 45 seconds of optus epl without it pixilating. This whole Optus epl story is becoming really sad. We used to live to watch epl thanks to you Optus it is now getting everyone mad and depressed  

Subversion13

This for me is the single biggest issue with the Optus product. Content-wise, the product is excellent, but the VOD quality through both the Fetch Mini and via Chromecast  (slightly better) is just substandard and unacceptable in 2017 - a deal breaker for me. It is not my 36mps connection either as Goole Play, Netflix  Presto and Kodi all cast perfectly. with the Optus Sport app, picture quality on a portable device is great, but very ordinary on a TV. The live feed is very good, but the VOD must be really compressed so the quality is poor. it's almost half the season in, so I doubt they really care and I dread watching the next World Cup like this. The moderators here are lovely, but in terms of so many things, I think they either don't understand , or they just don't care.

The upside is I've discovered other options through Kodi, even cheap, paid streams that I cast to my TV in full HD with no motion judder like the Optus VODs. This morning I watched a perfect Sky Sports stream that is superior to the Optus feed and there's unlimited on demand content. It is out there if you look.

I wouldn't be looking if the VOD quality was so poor, no better than what TVs looked like twenty years ago. They just don't seem to care.

H12

Optus internet is disgustingly poor. I can't even stream epl right now. I'm so disappointed in Optus Internet. The fetch tv programs,channels, movies and epl is good but what's the point if I can't even watch something without it loading 100 times. Sort it out. 

PhilC

Hi H12 I'm really sorry for the slows in your service you've been experiencing, we do have a dedicated Yes TV by Fetch technical support team you can speak with on 133937. If you've already spoken with the team and they've provided any fault reference or PR numbers feel free to send them through to us as we can provide updates on the report - Phil

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mikew22

I too expereince similar issues - including

- errors (3 seperate occassions) whereby ive selected 'Watch from Beginning' and ending up being taken to live stream, therefore seeing score etc

- poor video quality 

- regualar drop outs

Highlighted

Nghi

Our Optus SPort team are investigating problems with the "Start from beginning" feature. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Are you experiencing drop-outs through the App or streaming/casting to an Apple TV or Chromecast? We're investigating these reports as well and would request you raise a fault with our tech team on 1800230158 or chat here. This way we can grab details of your set-up and it will assist us in pinpointing the cause and getting it fixed up. 

familytan77

I am having the same problem. It was fine one day but the following day it was unwatchable!!!!

I had to call optus several times before managed to speak with the case management team. They say my account was put under a bandwith restriction - so they had to 'un-tick' my account to unrestricted but still sometimes I have problems watching the game, especially live matches on the weekend. It is fine if I watch other channed ie NatGeo, syfy, universal, etc or watch a replay on weekdays. STRANGE!!!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo