Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Brucemax
New Contributor
New Contributor

captcha now appearing on most google queries

Hi

As of yesterday, on both my iMac and my wifes PC, we are getting repeated captcha challenges with "show me the taxis" verify boxes when we initiate a Google query

What is going on?

I have run Clean My Mac but nothing has changed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: captcha now appearing on most google queries

Hi there @Brucemax, I've been looking into this and if a CAPTCHA is appearing when completing a Google search, this may be because Google has detected unusual traffic coming from your computer's network. 

Depending on the browser you're using, you may be able to turn off the CAPTCHA in the browser settings. I recommend searching for 'Google search CAPTCHA' online for more info. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Brucemax
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Jack

Further research reveals Google is using this to improve their AI engine.

Seems like we are all unpaid research assistants!

Bruce

0 Kudos
Kartika

Thanks for the update @Brucemax

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors