Searching...

Re: Your device is rooted

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Sorry @Dan_C

Misunderstood what you were getting at.  

I was conflating Android phones with Android mobile devices. In practice both are similar and both can easily be 'rooted'.  

Once again though Optus seems to be setting itself up for more angry customers. Media Players are extremely common and many people will presumably sign 24 month contracts for the EPL thinking Android and Apple TV is supported (which in this case they aren't). Is an angry customer better than no customer at all?

Hopefully though its just a glitch (and can be fixed). 

Regards

Peter Gillespie 

Dan_C

Ah, that's fine.

I was afraid I'd missed something. I'm certain I'd have heard Android media player support mentioned in the past. 

I'm still waiting on answer, I should have something before close of business today. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Dan_C

Hey guys, I've heard back from the team. ‘We haven't offered support for android media players.' The rooted device error has come up on certain other Android mobile devices, a fix is currently in the works. The fix is aimed at mobile devices, therefore there's no guarantee that it'll fix the issue with Android media players. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

Sounds good @Dan_C.

Just a note that quite a few of your recent posts are in a font that is really tiny. Like the one above. Not sure if you've changed and settings recently. 

That said the one in this thread is all correct size

Regards

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Ah, you're right. Thanks for the heads up @petergdownload.

I edit some of my posts in word. They've been adjusting to size 11 font when I post them back.

I'll double check before I post next time, they're coming through incredibly small! 

On second thought, I might go back through and adjust the font on my previous posts. 

Micgrech

I'm still receiving the error message even after a few updates this week. 

Do we presume it won't be fixed? 

Kartika

Hey @Micgrech, sorry to hear about your Optus Sports app issue. Were you able to chat with someone in this regards since posting? Has switching the phone off and on helped? How about uninstalling and reinstalling the app again.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

[ Edited ]
Micgrech

The issue is not with my phone but may android box. 

It was working fine but one of the updates has stopped it from working. 

Now when I open the app I get the device is rooted error msg

Kartika

I have just got a confirmation from our contents team advising that each maker of the android box modifies the firmware to suit the needs of why the box was purchased. As such we currently don't offer support for these devices. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Micgrech

But they were working!   So something you have done recently in one of your updates has stopped it from working! 

Its very disappointing.   I'm a new Optus customer that moved my phone plan from Telstra to access Optus sport on my TV. 

You allowed us a free trial which worked 100%  and stupid me decided to swap over to Optus to watch the premier League and world Cup and then you decide to do something that makes the app stop working. 

Should of stuck with Telstra! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo