cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor M34NM0F0
Occasional Contributor

Re: Your device is rooted

I am in the same boat. Moved from another provider, Had OPTUS Sport running without issue on my Android box until the update two weeks ago. Obviously the software ran ok up till then. Roll back the fecking update please. Not hard.

Occasional Contributor

Just got an email saying that this was "accepted as a solution" 

So whats the solution? Put up or shut up?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Micgrech
Occasional Contributor

Its not solved at all. 

They just want to close the case as they don't want to fix it. 

Occasional Contributor

So how is it "Solved" when it is not? 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

"Solved" doesn't mean you get a solution. It means the questions asked has been fully answered. If anyone else searches for this issue they can quickly navigate to the outcome of the issue.

In this case Optus have said they're not supporting the devices you are using, so any issues with performance will not be addressed.

It might suck but at least you know where you stand. FWIW android 'devices' probably make up a big chunk of Optus customer's media platform. Hopefully they're working to fix the issue even if its not 'supported'.

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

They should mark it as shelved then.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Obvious what has happened here.   Optus have stopped allowing their sports app to be used on android boxes as they are flogging the fetch mini box to their customers at an extra $5 per month. 

Just received the email offering this to me! 

Anything to make another buck! 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've said it before, we've never gone out and said that Android TV boxes can be used to stream the Optus Sport app. 

Fetch is one of many devices we support.

For a complete list head to → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Ways-to-watch-the-2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Russia-on-Optus-Sport/ba...

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that but its a little odd that it was working OK and then it stopped working and we receive emails to upgrade to a fetch mini.   Bit more then a coincidence in my opinion. 

Highlighted
Contributor robmGC
Contributor

Hi @Micgrech, I agree it's frustrating. On the other hand I can understand Optus not releasing information related to changes in their DRM implementation.