Searching...

Re: Your device is rooted

M34NM0F0

No, it's not rooted. It's a generic Android TV Box. Was working just fine until the last OPTUS Sport opgrade, then BAM, app tells me I have a rooted device. VERY poor show on OPTUS part say that I can watch on numerous devices then removing the ability to watch on my TV Box.

liverpoolmelb

Hi mate,

same as the last post.

i use a android media player box.

It has worked for a full year then again like the last post after the latest update WHABAM - now the error comes up as a 'rooted device.'

Nexbox A95X

I have no idea how to save/copy videos off Optus Sport if its possible the majority of people are also like me so its a copyright thing i don't get it.

I also think people could probably grab a better feed from somewhere else anyways...

Honestly I have a feeling this is a way to try and push people onto Fetch TV so if you want to watch EPL on TV you must use a Fetch TV box. Unless, it's just a glitch on the update but i would presume many people watch Optus Sport exactly like i do.

If it is a war of attrition, they have understimated me and many of the football loving demographics: I am a stingy wog so i'll be watching on my laptop and plugging it into my TV thankyou very much.

Highlighted

M34NM0F0

I agree

They are trying to push us onto the crap Fetch TV solution, for more cash their way. Just like Fox sports back in the day making you pay for all sports channels as they spread the games over all of them.

Must make that complaint to the ACMA or TIO or both.

Re: Rooted Device on Media/TV Box

petergdownload

If its not rooted then there's definitely something not working on Optus' end. 

But its general rule that efforts of copy protection largely only inconvinience legitimate paying users while those doing the copying suffer no such issues. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Re: Rooted Device on Media/TV Box

petergdownload

"Why would someone want to record and restream a service that rarely runs at 720p."

Money? Fame? Malice? 

Just because you don't value something doesn't mean others don't. Optus has paid $100's of millions for the rights to stream something "that rarely runs at 720p". Its worth something to someone.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

I'm as cynical as the next person about manipulative business methods, but this seems to be a pretty big stretch.

Optus recently reaquired the rights for the EPL for the next four years (which has probably prompted some increased protection coding on the app). Unlike this time they will be making it available for everyone (customers for free) and non-customers for a monthly fee. Its available on phones, media players, laptops, Smart TVs and yes Fetch TV. However Optus are working to expand the devices available, not decrease them.

This would seem to be a programming glitch. Unfortunately Optus are not known for fixing programming glitches (a number still exist in the Fetch boxes after years of requests). Hopefully Optus update the app now that so many people have reported the issue..

As a thought though, many people buy these media boxes pre-setup on the internet. Is it possible they've been rooted before you got them?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
robmGC

@petergdownload

"As a thought though, many people buy these media boxes pre-setup on the internet. Is it possible they've been rooted before you got them?"

Don't think so. When I run root checker apps on my Teclast tablet they say I don't have root.

btw I raised a support ticket with Optus regarding this issue and it has been with the "network team" for about a week. They have said they are hoping to release a fix. 🤔

liverpoolmelb

You know I thought that too.

They are usually pre-loaded boxes and somewhere along the way the code is picked up as being 'rooted'.

"Don't think so. When I run root checker apps on my Teclast tablet they say I don't have root"

How do i do a root check on my device?

Thanks

robmGC

Hi @liverpoolmelb,

The app I use on my tablet is called Root Checker developed by Clivin inc. Seems like a simple and straightforward small app.

Here is a link in the play store:

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clivin.rootchecker

Dan_C

@petergdownload , I know what rooted means, I've rooted a couple of my own handsets before I jumped onto iOS.

My thought was that it's spitting out the rooted error prompt even though it's not actually case the case.

Where have we listed supported for 'Android media players'?

I'll touch base with our content team and ask if there has been a purposeful change here. As you advised, it could be a bug or glitch produced by some sort of coding error.

I'll post back here once I have more info. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo