Searching...

Re: World Cup matches unwatchable

McWeedy

This worked for me, good solution until Optus get it fixed. Shows it’s not bandwidth but their infrastructure.

Dan_C

Hey guys, I can assure all of you that we're actively monitoring all our social feeds, including the Yes Crowd forum.

I do apologise for any streaming issues last night. We'd identified an issue that was impacting our off-net or non-Opus Network customers.

If you are experiencing issues with the Optus Sport application, what @nick_yd has suggested is the best way to go. 

The issue last night was entirely separate from what'd happened on Friday night.

Essentially, we'd received enquiries from a number of customers who'd experienced issues logging into their Optus Sport accounts. A decision was made to open the portal without the need to login. Ultimately, this did cause an influx of traffic and our servers struggled with the heavy load.

If there are any other questions, I'm happy to try and help out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

UKEagle2Aus

As per f’ing usual they go missing when it all goes wrong. Where’s the PR machine? Just fix it and let us all know when we can expect a basic level of service. EXPECT NO REPLY as it’s not the first time

UKEagle2Aus

Wow someone replied! So why is it happening again tonight within 1 minute of the next live game? 

Dan_C

We're working on it @UKEagle2Aus

We'll send through updates shortly. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

dj71

Wow< this is dissapointing, last night was stuffed, tonight i can even load through Laptop or Mobile

The biggest sporting event and Optus chokes big time. Wish they would stop using the ''Too much traffic at once'

excuse. So gutted, oh well just have to watch the SBS coverage...might be it for my Optus friendship

'

guyong

Has Allan Lew gone home yet?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/fifa-world-cup-2018/optus-working-on-world-cup-woes-after-anothe...

Sitting here unable to watch Costa Rica v Serbia.

'Streaming issue' - luckily I can still get ABC Jazz though.

nickkk

Allan Lew guaranteed the issues would be resolved by Sunday night, yet it's monday and here I am 20 mins in to the replay of Brazil v Switzerland and Ive already had to reload the app 7 times.

Kingpartisan

Sorry, but I think I speak for everyone here and we want our money back and then some. 

As well as all the afore mentioned service interruptions, screen freezes, loss of sound or picture quality, countless restarts of devices, trial of different devices and -yes- rebooting modems and broadband, more often than not I have been fed a ‘faux’ live service. 

What we were sold in all your marketing, was ‘live’ football. What I have been getting was between 5 and 20mins out from actually live. That might not matter to you. But to me and true fans of live sport, it does.

This is not acceptable.

I feel ripped-off.

I feel swindled.

In the beginning, each time I forgave the inconvenience - especially when the same game was being shown on SBS. But after five days its enough already. And I'm really angry to find that many of the early official responses to customers issues were standard tech responses i.e. its your modem or bandwidth. This is very untrustworthy behaviour indeed.

The question is now - what are you going to do about it?

We’ve seen what loss of customers has done to another big Telcos share price. What would happen to SingTels share price if we all started jumping ship?

Kingpartisan

And just to be clear;

I am not an Optus Sport subscriber.

I only signed up for the football (World Cup) as part of my internet package.

I jumped ship from another Telco who frankly was providing a great service.

What can I say, the World Cup is a big thing in my household.

Obviously I'm not Italian.

But I feel for them.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo