Searching...

World Cup matches unwatchable

[ Edited ]
JBoardman

Trying to watch the match and after playing for about 20 seconds the stream freezes and then goes to black screen. If I restart app and start again then the same thing happens over and over. I can see that others are posting the same issues in the World Cup thread. 

Can someone from the tech team please indicate when this is going to be fixed? I made the switch to Optus so that I could get these games...

Re: World Cup matches unwatchable

Sugarlumps

I’m in exactly the same boat. 

Come on Optus. Get this sorted. Once every four years we get to see this. You need to get this issue fixed.

Sugarlumps

I have tried 3 different devices (phone, Apple TV, PC) using different connections, for the whole duration of the match on a 25mbps connection or better and still - consistent freezing. Totally unwatchable. Shameful. 

Chehoun

Same here. On hold with “technical support” for 52 mins and counting - just adding insult to injury...

Sugarlumps

It’s totally unacceptable. How many months of promotion did they advertise? And for this? Don’t buy the rights to the World Cup if you can’t deliver on basic stream quality. 

Sugarlumps

Both wireless and Ethernet connections used. No difference. Same results. 

Webarch

Looks like we all signed up for the Optus Stuttering service, not streaming service. Unacceptable Optus.

Highlighted

Garbage

This seems like pure robbery by Optus.

I totally agree, coverage is pathetic with constant drop outs.

I will be demanding my subscription back and switching my parents mobiles - currently with Optus - to another carrier.

GARBAGE!,

LV69

I have experienced exactly the same! Great download speeds via iiNet, but crap streaming via Optus!

Optus are you going to compensate your customers for such a garbage service tonight?

Da8

So peeved been paying for Optus sport for over a year.... want to watch World Cup and wasted over an hour trying to get it to work. Stop start constantly. Add insult to injury  the technical chat you are on hold for ages and then that experiences technical issues every time as well! Needs to be fixed before next game!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo