Searching...

Why does a game play in the background when I'm trying to navigate the menu?

annoyed77

Re: Why does a game play in the background when I'm trying to navigate the menu?

Davelew

Hi

Before anybody can try to answer this they need to know what device you are using and it would help to know what game is playing.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Why does a game play in the background when I'm trying to navigate the menu?

Dan_C

Hi @annoyed77, we'd really need to confirm the device you're using to access Optus Sport. Does a game start playing as soon as you open the Optus Sport application or were you toggling between games/content? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

annoyed77

Hi Dan,

I am using the fetch box. Whenever I turn the box on it automatically plays a game in the background. Yesterday it was the manchester united game playing with the time and score on the screen. That was the game I was about to watch On demand. 

This is the third time it's happened to me. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

Also I start work at 7am. So when the coverage was on foxtel, I used to get up at 4am to watch the overnight game before going to work. On demand doesn't have the game available for a couple of hours after the finish of the game. Why is that? It means I can't watch the game until I get home from work, which means there is a good chance I will hear the score of the game before I get home to watch it.

I was watching another game yesterday and had to turn it off in the end because of constant lag. I tried pausing for 10 minutes to see if that helped but still lag every 5-10 seconds. I ended up turning it off it was annoying me that bad.

It's not my internet connection I watch stan and netflix with none of these problems.

Also how can I change the quality of the picture when watching On demand? My tv is HD but the picture when watching through optus is terrible.

Davelew

Hi 

Hopefully Dan will help you with the game in the background as it does seem strange. 

With regard to picture quality you can changed your settings to HD on the Fetch box by going to manage>settings>audio visual. 

I find I get a better picture on my TV by casting from my phone using Chromecast and you will also find the on demand matches are on the phone app very soon after each match finishes. Should also solve your lag issue.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Thanks for that extra info @annoyed77. I thought I might try and replicate the issue using the office Fetch set top box. I can only see a match running in the background when I flick the set top box off stand by and Optus Sport was the last channel that I'd accessed before Fetch went on to standby mode. If for example I was watching another channel like MTV, this also appears in the background whilst I navigate to the Optus Sport application. Could the explanation be as simple as that? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

annoyed77

Hi Dan

Yes that is what we do in this house. We turn off the box completely. So i have to remember to go into the main menu before I switch the box off?

AlexRH

Kind of - the guide seems to play the last accessed channel before the Fetch was switched off/went into sleep mode Smiley Happy

Let us know if you have any further trouble! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo