Searching...
Highlighted

When is the Arsenal vs Swansea match be on demand

Bie

Re: When is the Arsenal vs Swansea match be on demand

[ Edited ]
Mike-N

Hi @Bie. This game will not be available on demand. We're only able to show 290 games on demand and unfortunately the Swansea v Arsenal game isn't one of them. You can check what is available on demand through the app - under the ‘matches’ tab you will see a banner ‘available on demand’. Also, our blog will be updated weekly with what games will be available on demand and when those that aren't will be replayed on Optus Sports 1. I've taken a look for you and the Swansea v Arsenal game was replayed twice yesterday and will be replayed again tonight at  7:30 pm (AEDT), on the 18/01 at 7:00 pm (AEDT) and the 21/01 at 12:30 pm (AEDT). 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

volpino

Great. I come back from overseas dodging all news to watch this game, looking forward to it all the way and it's not on demand. Why not pay for ALL the games? And why not actually cover the most popular clubs and leave out, say, West Brom or Stoke from On Demand coverage? The product is a seriuous let down. 

Marie

Hey volpino Smiley Happy 

Sorry to hear you feel this way, our agreement with the EPL is that we get 290 or the 380 Live games available on demand.

We distribute this across all teams evenly regardless of popularity.

As Mike_N mentioned above you can watch the replay tomorrow at 7pm (AEDT) and then again on the 21st at 12.30pm (AEDT). 

I'd recommend checking to see if games will be available on demand by clicking on Matches & checking for the On Demand banner at the bottom of the match for future reference.

Cheers. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

foxoff

Can I suggest next season you pay for the entire scheduling? Let's just say a friend of a friend found an alternative way to view the game which opened up ways for ongoing viewing that potentially undermines the value of your product. One for the suggestion box.

foxoff

Ps - distributing the team ommissions from replays makes no sense, either for the majority of viewers who support the bigger clubs and for Optus commercially. Another thing to reconsider. Thanks.

Miles_R

Thanks for the suggestion regarding scheduling, foxoff. Definitely something that has been mentioned a few times. In regards to distributing the replays, football is for everyone and it would be unfair for supporters of lower ranked teams to miss out on watching their club play every second week.

NewieGooner

Marie how can you say you distribute them evenly across all games when I have also experienced this multiple times? Arsenal vs Burnley and now Arsenal v Wolves is not available on demand, OR as a mini-match? Optus should make it clearer to customers that you don't cover all matches – because it sure looks that way from your advertising. 

Webby97

I found out the hard way simialr to above. Since then, and only works if you have fetch box, but I've set my favourite club to record all games. That way if it's too early to watch live I can at least watch later, just in case it's not on demand.

Dan_C

@Webby97

Once we enter the 2019/2020 EPL season, all matches broadcast will be made available on-demand.

We're also hoping that we'll have Mini-matches available for each match, but we'll have further info on this come next year. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo