cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor The_saints57
New Contributor

Watching optus sport on samsung s8 and smart view to samsung tv issues

When i watch any content on optus sports on my samsung s8, but then smart view it to my samsung smart tv i get unwatchable glitching. When i smart view anything else on my phone it works perfectly fine. I used to do this with my old samsung s6 edge to the same tv and it worked fine, but since having this s8 it has given me this issue. Anyone else experience the same and or have any information to fix it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: Watching optus sport on samsung s8 and smart view to samsung tv issues

Hey The_saints57 it'd be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that solves anything. If it was working on the S6 there shouldn't be any reason why it's not working on S8. If that doesn't help at all feel free to shoot me a private message with your full name, DOB, and account/service number and we can look into it.

Contributor robmGC
Contributor

Hi @The_saints57,

Just curious. Did you get this working?

Thanks, Robert

New Contributor The_saints57
New Contributor

Hi Robert.

No i havent. Havent been given a solution yet.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@The_saints57, I've had a scroll through Samsung's community forum and there are a quite a few reports from customers experiencing issues with Samsung's Smart View feature for the GS8 and GS8+. 

It's only an issue when it comes to Optus Sport content, it works fine otherwise? You've mentioned 'glitching.' Are you able to go into any more detail i.e. freezing, stuttering, buffering, low res?  

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors