Searching...

Video quality is blurry for large stretches of game

[ Edited ]
mxw7

I often watch replays of Liverpool games and have been watching France vs Germany replay - and for up to 30 minutes of all of these matches, despite having maximum (Green) bandwidth, the footage is blurry to the point of barely being able to see the ball let alone who the players are or what they are doing with it.

I can't believe I am paying $15 / month for video quality this poor - unless Optus addresses this soon there's no way I'm continuing to use this service. Up your game!

Edit: I have moved my computer around the house including right next to the wifi router, the bandwidth is maximum but still the game is blurry. Nothing like these problems for Netflix or other streaming. I adjust the video quality but this changes nothing. What is the point in this button? I change it to Medium or Low quality and nothing changes. What is the point in this service if I can't even see the ball or the players? I would prefer the footage to buffer then play better quality rather than giving me this constantly bad video. Taking my money elsewhere if this continues.

Edit 2: And are you kidding me? "Internal server error. Please try to create case later" - what kind of service won't even allow complaints to be logged?

Re: Video quality is blurry for large stretches of game

Yeldarb

Yep that's a fair call and 720p apparently is the maximum with no plans on increasing it according to many posts on the forum.

petergdownload

Its still likely a bandwidth issue from what you describe.

I suggest you make a direct wired connection (turn off wifi to be sure) and run some tests.

Peter Gillespie

mxw7

I don't think so, I've played the same match using other streaming services and there were no issues

GuyCS

Hi @mxw7 - not great to hear if you're experiencing stream quality that poor. In this instance, we'd recommend lodging this as a fault with our TV & Content team via In-App Support. For instructions on how to do this, please visit → https://goo.gl/D7Btam. Once that's been done, a member from that team will be in touch to help get this resolved.

That being said, I understand you had trouble lodging a case. Did you attempt to lodge a case via the App or Website? If you haven't done so already, can you please try the alternative option? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

GuyCS

Hi @mxw7 - not great to hear if you're experiencing stream quality that poor. In this instance, we'd recommend lodging this as a fault with our TV & Content team via In-App Support. For instructions on how to do this, please visit → https://goo.gl/D7Btam. Once that's been done, a member from that team will be in touch to help get this resolved.

That being said, I understand you had trouble lodging a case. Did you attempt to lodge a case via the App or Website? If you haven't done so already, can you please try the alternative option? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mxw7

Thank you @GuyCS, I have lodged a complaint with the app and wait for their reply.

I will be cancelling my subscription though if this does not improve, as I have not had issues in using other streaming services like Netflix, Canal+ or Amazon Prime Video - it is definitely an issue for Optus, and has wasted 2h of my time in aggregate.

GuyCS

Completely understand your concerns @mxw7 

We do apologise for the time spent trying to reach a resolution.

Our TV & Content team are the most equipped to handle these kinds of enquiries, as they'll be able to look at the diagnostics from your App/Case to assess the situation and troubleshoot as required. Generally speaking, they shouldn't take more than 48 hours to get back to you. Appreciate your patience. 

petergdownload

Other services use other technologies. the nature of digital TV is that it degrades in big steps for small changes (unlike analogue that just gets slightly worse as the signal gets slightly worse). If you can confirm the system is working (or not working) on a wired connection then that can rule out/in many other potential causes.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Leigh1981

Yep same here, I don't even understand how this can be so bad in this day and age. Select high quality and refresh page and it starts good then reverts back to extremely low for no reason. It shouldn't matter if your bandwith/ signal is low as I'm quite used to buffering. Whats the point in watching if you have no choice but poor quality? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo