cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
bye
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately our Credit Card and PayPal recharge services are no longer allowed for this number

Hi,

Trying to recharge from abroad but stumbling on this error.

What does it mean exactly? And how can I recharge from abroad?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unfortunately our Credit Card and PayPal recharge services are no longer allowed for this number

@bye There is a previous Yes Crowd Thread but doesn't seem to offer a solution.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Resolve-Issues/Recharge-error-credit-card-paypal-recharge-not-allow...

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
bye
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unfortunately our Credit Card and PayPal recharge services are no longer allowed for this number

Thanks. I'm talking to an Optus rep right now and they don't seem to know the cause or the resolution, just the one-off topup from their end to close the ticket.

Steven_YC

HI @bye - thanks for sharing this.

This will happen if a Credit card/Paypal account has been used too many times within a short period or was used for multiple Prepaid numbers. 

To rectify this, you will need a physical recharge voucher to be used. Once it has been used, the option to recharge abroad will then be able to be used in future. If you had a friend or family member in Australia, they'll be able to purchase one and share an image to you of the voucher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Good Luck.

I am an Optus user.
bye
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Managed to top up today with the same credit card. The error seems totally random.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors