Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to download new version of Optus Sport app for iOS on my old iPad

After a period of C19 inactivity, I was gong to watch football on my Optus Sport App. However, an error message told me to download a new version. When I tried, I could not download a new version. Wtf?!? Where can I now watch the Optus Sport content that I pay for? I am not happy!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus Sport

@Hvadfor  Do you subscribe directly through Optus or did you pay for your subscription via the App Store? What device and Operating system are you trying to use the app on?

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks a lot for replying 🙂

I am an Optus customer an get Optus for free either via my mobile subscription or my nbn subscription. I have hitherto used an (old?) iPad and I bet that's the problem. But pretty rude when you think about it, that I have to buy new hardware to continue using the app; don't you reckon?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Hvadfor,

A new Optus Sport app update dropped a couple of weeks ago for iOS.

As Tigers1719 asked, what operating version/iOS do you have on your iPad? Is it up to date?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Hvadfor  it also happens the other way you get a new computer and your old software will not work. I believe the term is built-in obsolescence. Companies change interfaces on the hardware all the time your old charger or headphones will not connect so you have to buy an adapter or new headphones. 

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors