Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ashpufek2406
New Contributor
New Contributor

Throttled bandwith

Why when I use to much internet to quickly my bandwidth gets throttled? We're in the middle of a lockdown and I'd really love for it to not do that! The most frustrating thing is that I know its not the fact that its just 4g and speeds may vary. My girlfriend uses separate modem on a different plan in the next room to me and her speeds are fine?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tuong_YC

Re: Throttled bandwith

Hey @ashpufek2406, have you gone over or reached your allowance on your wireless connection? If so, your usage will slow down until its next usage period. You can track your data via the Optus App which will breakdown where you have using your usage and how much of it.

If you were requiring a fixed connection to better suit your needs, we would recommend having a look at our NBN offers

Should any of these be of interest, have a chat to our Sales Team whom would be more than happy to walk you through this process and advise further on the plans available. Our teams are available over the phone at 133 937 as well as the Optus App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos