Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GGMU
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sorry to interrupt message on Optus Sport

I have the same issue. Will work over 4g but not through my internet connection at home.

I have no issues streaming any other providers services. This issue spans across iOS, TvOS, MacOS, Win10. If a device is connected to mobile data it works if it is connected to another type of internet connection (WiFi, Ethernet) it will fail to play. With the same error code in a browser as above and the Apple TV app will display a red circle with a line through it in the bottom left corner of the screen. SUPER ANNOYING!

It’s like your Network Team has banned certain ISP IP Addresses. Worked fine during the Women’s World Cup then nada.

You have 1 week to sort the issue out before the EPL starts, please sort it out by then.

0 Kudos
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you JerryXU and GGMU. Interesting to know that it's not just me!!

0 Kudos
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Pleased to report that Optus have now resolved the issue and all working ok. I would have been interested to know what the issue was their end!

0 Kudos
GGMU
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They resolved the issue for me also. I was told they recently blocked IP addresses that where reporting as DCH (Data Centre/ Hosting). Not sure if they have whitelisted my IP or reversed their changes.

You can check your external IP address here https://www.ip2location.com/ to see how it reports.

I also suggest losging a ticket ticket via the Help & Support option when logged into Optus Support on a browser. These guys were very responsive.

GGMU 

Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thx GGMU. Yes logging a fault was the first thing I did and it that dept that confirmed that the issue had been resolved  Alls well that ends well and Justin time for the new EPL season. Go Burnley!!

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great news guys, thanks for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know.

Stay tuned for some Optus Sport content here this week 🙂 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos