Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry to interrupt message on Optus Sport

“Error message. Sorry to interrupt but there was an issue with playback. Please reload this video and try again. If problem persists please get in touch with us”

Does anyone know what this message means.?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sorry to interrupt

Hi Burnleyfan,

It generally means there was an issue with that particular video.

Please see our Optus Sport Playback Error help and support article for more information and what to do if the problem persists.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sorry to interrupt message on Optus Sport

The message appears when attempting to watch ANY recording on Optus Sport but only when connected to wi fi. Take my iPhone or iPad off wi fi and on to 4g and everything works perfectly. Message appears when attempting to watch Optus sport on computer too. This should not happen and indeed has  not happened before in the past two years. VPN is not connected.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for confirming. Have you recently added more devices to the WiFi connection? 

Next suggestion would be to check out Optus Sport Troubleshooting by Device and if still no luck, to log a fault 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I cannot watch ANYTHING on my desk top.

The following is the message that appears on my computer.

VPN is NOT on and I am NOT overseas.

Optus sport works on my Ipad and Iphone but ONLY on 4G. When connected to wi fi the message reads "ERROR. Sorry to interrupt but there was an issue with playback. Please reload this video and try again. If the problem persists please get in touch with us"

thumbnail.jpg

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That is frustrating, confirming that it's not something we'll able to fix here and no other customer has reported this issue here recently. 

Please log a fault to the Optus Sport team and let us know how you go.

0 Kudos
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

‘Frustrating’ is an understatement!

I have logged an issue but have not received a call. I have spent hours on the phone waiting to speak to someone who can help. I believe the fault had been escalated but I’ve not received a call from anyone at Optus. All I get is unhelpful messages via yes crowd.

i would appreciate a highly experienced tech person to call me asap

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Do you have a fault ticket number?

We're unable to arrange call backs from any Optus department but can try to assist with following up on existing tickets.

0 Kudos
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The ticket number is 00036471.

I logged out of Optus sport on my desktop and  attempted to log back in with no success. A green tick came up next to username and password but message appeared "server error encountered"

This is getting ridiculous! Why is no one contacting me?

0 Kudos
JerryXu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Buddy

I’m a student at ANU and I faced the same problem. I could use 4g streaming videos but via Wifi connection it just doesn’t work. No matter what I use (tablet phone or laptop), those exactly same error reporting you met (playback error or VPN problem on laptop) would show up. I reported issues but the support told me to speak to my internet service provider(in my case ANU resnet) because it works under 4g situation. Everything works just fine during women’s World Cup but now it just fails. I may send an email to school it support next week and see what will happen 

Real bummer mate…

P.S. I don’ know if you share your account with others. During the chat with optus sport, they told me right now you could only watch on one device at the same time although you could log on different places. Maybe it’ll help you.

0 Kudos