Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Benjohno
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Smart TVs won’t connect to network

I’ve had a minor win but not a solution to my issue.

If I go from FTTC direct to two of the tv’s I’ve got a wired connection but not the others. But as soon as I go from the FTTC to the gateway the process falls down.

Intermittently it has worked. Then again, intermittently the wifi works to, I think I’ve rest the modem and router 10 times in the past 4 days.

Obviously the wifi is a separate issue but could there be a daisy chain on the network, IP conflict or something else causing it. I’m know I’m going down a rabbit hole now

Cheers
0 Kudos
Benjohno
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Had a small win, directly from the FTTC to one of my TVs and now picks up wired connection. But that is not the case with all of them. When I plug the cat5 back into the gateway or network it goes down. I’ve mirrored all the same settings on the working tv to the others (obviously it’s own IPv4 address)

The wifi is having its own issues f@st 5366 lte having to be rest a dozen times or so in the past few days, I’m wondering if it’s part of the puzzle.

Ive got my old f@st 5366 TN still here, is it worth giving it a go?

Outside of that I’m stumped. I can’t see an IP conflict on the network, I don’t believe it’s daisy chained anywhere.

Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"But as soon as I go from the FTTC to the gateway the process falls down.'

Everything is pointing to this 'gateway'.

Might just be a hardware issue.

Its also possible there's a hardware issue with one of your cat5 cables to one of the rooms (busted cable or pins bent on a wall socket etc.) . Try just getting the one connection up and running direct (as you have) then add one connection to another room. See if the connection remains stable. Try each room in turn until hopefully one causes your existing connection to go down.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors