Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Showing obvious give away images from games in the 'Optus Live' area of the app

OK, so I've mentioned before that it is a priority for me to watch games ON DEMAND without knowing the score and I have seen this issue mentioned by others but surely there is a way that the images at the top of the app don't give MASSIVE clues as to what happened in the game.

I wanted to watch the Liverpool vs West Ham game ON DEMAND as I can't watch most games live due to the timing.

What do I see first up when I open the app on my iPad? A photo of Dimitri Payet down on his knees in celebration (obviously) after scoring a goal. So already the game is ruined as I know aty least one incident if not the actual score.

Your team needs to be aware that these give aways are VERY annoying and another reason why I won't continue next year with Optus Sport if this ruination continues. I've even noticed results being discussed from other games at the start of some ON DEMAND programs and that is even worse unless I am quick and can fast forward through it without seeing/hearing results.

This is terrible programming. I can easily get results elsewhere and at least a heads up in advance would be helpful if scores are going to be given! They shouldn't need to do this at all. I have this package as I like to watch a lot of diffrent games, not just my own team and it will not be value for money if I only get to watch a game or two a week because the rest have been ruined by me knowing the score in advance.

Andy

3 Replies
Miles_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Showing obvious give away images from games in the 'Optus Live' area of the app

Thanks for getting in touch Flashart53. As a big Premier League fan myself I can completely understand where you're coming from. The details that you've mentioned are frustrating and I've passed this off to our Content Team to see if we can rectify it.

Willduck
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Showing obvious give away images from games in the 'Optus Live' area of the app

This was logged in 2016 and it is still not fixed. What are you guys doing at Optus ?

Ochaye_Thenoo
New Contributor
New Contributor

You have rectified nothing. Here we are over a year later and still having this problem. It's really simple, start over means take me to  the start of the game, not the end. This problem coupled with frequently missing on demand games. Optus does not deserve to host the premier league. Can't wait 'til it's back on FOXTEL

0 Kudos