cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Mememagoo
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Rooted / custom roms - is the app blocking rooted devices?

'over nothing'?

Damn.... That cuts deep.

caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I have a blunt butter knife and I'm not afraid to use it. May the slow burn from the friction of its use bring you back to reality. 😄

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Guvnor
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

That's great, and very helpful indeed. At last I can also stop crying about nothing.

slfepnipl
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@caaf seems like you're the expert here.

Where can I find instructions to root my Note8 without potentially "bricking" it? I couldn't disable or uninstall some of the bloatware on my phone and I'm so annoyed by them!

Any advice is greatly appreciated 😀

0 Kudos
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@slfepnipl far from any egg spurt especially when it come to custom ROMs, years ago/at first, that's what I thought that's what happens once you started playing around with its firmware, to make it completely rooted 😛

Although I have a TabA for testing I'm more a non jail broken Apple man.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
slfepnipl
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can anyone else help here? 🙂 

I have just downloaded this BK Package Disabler App and the Plugin to disable the bloatwares from my phone without having to root it.  Has anyone used this app before?  Thoughts?  

0 Kudos
zystof
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Mememagoo! (I think I got that right lol)

I'm running Superman on my S7 Edge, Rom is awesome!! 

So installed xposed and the Nodevice check plugin also installed lucky patcher but still no luck. I've hidden optus sports from magisk as well. 

Did you add a patch in lucky patcher? 

Is it still working for you? 

I just signed on and the big signing point was optus sports premier league and the world cup and now I cant even watch as I'm being punished for trying to get the best out of my phone?? ? 

0 Kudos
robmGC
Contributor
Contributor

Today the Optus Sport  app stopped working on my Chinese Teclast t10 and I get a message saying can't proceed as the device is rooted. My device isn't rooted though. 🤔 It was working yesterday?

Edit: not looking good.  App was last updated 16 hours ago. Current (broken) version is 2.0.1 18/4/18 

Mememagoo
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi all.

Im sorry to say I've upgraded to a mate Huawei 10 Pro and am no longer able to use superman rooms.

Good luck! 

0 Kudos
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for getting in touch, @robmGC. Hmmm, that's certainly odd 😕

If you haven't already, I'd advise logging a Fault Report so that our TV & Content team can investigate your difficulties and provide further insight.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors