Searching...

Rooted / custom roms - is the app blocking rooted devices?

Mememagoo

Does anyone have a definitive answer if the optus sports app is blocking playback (forcing a playback error message when attempting to view a video) on rooted devices or custom roms?

I gave two s7sdges, one with custom firmware one stock and the stock can login and view, the custom Rom can login but gets playback error.

Does anyone have a rooted device with playback? I shouldn't be forced to a restricted device.

Re: Rooted / custom roms - is the app blocking rooted devices?

[ Edited ]
caaf

I certainly wouldn't be surprised. I guess they're trying to stop anyone circumventing set parameters that meet their licence agreement.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Mememagoo

This is a ridiculous decision if it's true. I'd appreciate some confirmation from Optus on this one specifically so I can look at ways of circumnavigating it with root trickery if required.

I tried talking to someone in live chat, and they gave me a phone number...which goes to an automated line. when I got through to human after 10minutes of bull prerecorded 'try turning your device off and on' and 'make sure your wifi is on' (ff*), the person didn't have a clue on how their apk worked or was written.

caaf

I just don't think you'd gather interest from a Optus Rep besides the generic answer, if the device isn't rooted running standard OS it'll work fine.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Guvnor

I can confirm that the Optus Sport Premier League content will not play through my rooted Galaxy S7. Mine is rooted with Magisk on a stock rom and I get the error message to which you refer. Would love to find out if there is a work around.

Highlighted

Mememagoo

It's bullshlt that they do this.

Guvnor

Agreed, although I don't think it is all rooted devices. I managed to get it to work on CyanideM Marshmallow rom that I had on my Galaxy S4 - may be I will try the Cyanide's Nougat version to see what happens.

Mememagoo

I've tried multiple roms- none seem to work.

Just another reason I'm going to ditch Optus asap - and just AceStream the epl. 

What a joke...giving them my money and I can't even watch what I'm paying for! Hope you rot in hell.

Mememagoo

Ive got it working! Smiley Very Happy

SAC23 S8 Full Ported Rom V7 with Magisk
Xposed 24 unofficial plugin (a couple available on xda - I went NON magiskseemless version, but normal zip flash version)
Xposed 'No Device Check' module + Lucky Patcher.

Working - Hope this help someone.

(I've now also added Optus Sport to my Detacher script, so it won't update or even see an update on the Play store... Just In case they try to fix it) Smiley Tongue

caaf

Happy you sorted it, even happier you'll stop crying about nothing Smiley Tongue

Cheers Dave

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo