Searching...

Re: Refund. Now. To everyone

gerver

"Optus Sport will be free for all Australians until the 31/08/18." - what good will "free sport " do for the customers if the service is not available - it's the same as a car rental place offers free car rentals and then you find out there are no cars at all *LOL* Furthermore - there are also people (like myself) who have fetch for a long time (which was part of the initial contract) We did not need to purchase an extra sport subscription for the world cup. As we are also suffering from the non existing availability do we get the same refund (deduction from our next bill)?

cloughie79

Its been 72 hrs since optus admitted a fault in there streaming service. No one has contacted any account holders about how credits to there accounts will be given out. I have just received my fourth order confirmation for a mini fetch TV box i received a month ago...ive had two activation codes for it and have had to re-set it 3 times..I have not watched a live world cup game on it..Thats why i got it..What is going on optus.We want answers...We are account holder customers.

gerver

Used Car Sales People, Politicians, and Optus all promise you the universe and a bit more - Which one do you trust? "LOL"

Highlighted

Maryanne17
Hi Dan, I have had the Sport subscription for a while now on my Fetch Mighty. But I ordered the Fetch Mini specifically to watch the World Cup Soccer for another room in our house. Will I also be reimbursed?

gerver

Don't worry - Optus will not refund anything at all - they already working out ways how the will wiggle out of any promises. I am convinced that they will make the process of getting anything as complicated as possible. The usual fine print like "conditions apply" will also be used where the conditions are set by Optus. Optus knows very well that their customers don't have the money to take them to court. In fact - so far Optus has not even committed them to anything at all. Optus only said the response of people wanted to see the world soccer was greater than expected.  - It's like getting the Olympics and saying - Oh well, we may get 50 spectators. At the end Optus has made a lot of money by making customers pay for something they advertised, made promises but did not deliver anything at all.

cloughie79

Optus have said they will refund..Even gone as far as to say anybody in Australia can access optus sport for free till the end of August(or close too).So account holders who have optus sport will be entitled to a refund.Be optus sport as part of there account or as a seperate entity on various plans.This is a national issue.Its not an empty promise. Optus will have to sort it out.A class action may even come of this if it is not addressed.

[ Edited ]
celomar31

Optus free for all Australians until the 31/8/18? Can you please then explain why on the 25th of june 2018, your reply was on 20th of june 2018 I believe, Optus took $14.99 from my account? If I paid $14.99 I guess that is not free until the 31/8/18?

It just gets worse, doesn't it?

SamSam

The information that I've seen (was a news article that I can't find sorry) was that while they work through the technical delivery of making it free, if you subscribe/pay for Optus sport, it'll be refunded at a later date. So basically you need to pay now but you'll get your money back, effectively making it free eventually

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

holmes9

Same situation as me. Originally signed up 15 June at the start of the World Cup and saw that I had been charged $15 yesterday, 5 or 6 days after Optus announced they were refunding previous payments due to the incompetent service provided.

Being an Optus customer for the last 10-12 years I was already frustated I had to pay for the service and now they've debited my account after announcing the refunds. Now I'm going to have to wait weeks for a refund, if I receive one at all.

Why would you continue debiting accounts after you announce full refunds and offer your service for free for everyone?

Makes you wonder why I, and my household, would bother staying with Optus now.

cloughie79

As a form of curtosy to accounnt holders,be it mobile,broadband etc that have optus sport attached to there accounts,would optus not think to freeze all billing, until they sort out the mess that they have created ,by promising a refund. It feels like they are taking from one pocket and putting it in another,not really making an effort to admit any fault or help there customers.My Optus story is a long one and have posted various parts of it on prior messages,but now i feel im a mouse on a wheel not really getting anywhere but paying for a compromised service that offers the world but delivers "no servrice,retry".

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo