cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted

Re: Playback error on PC

Awesome, thanks for checking that for me. Could you send me a PM with your account details including account/phone number, DOB and the email address you used to register for Optus Sport? It would just be something we need to have logged on our end

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting the same playback error when attempting to watch EPL on a Windows 10 PC, I get this error with 4 different browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE. I have tried the suggested fixes for Chrome and Microsoft browsers, but without success. (The Chrome fix involved removing and re-installing the Widevine plug-in. Since my copy of Chrome already had the latest version of Widevine it's not surprising that it didn't help), I have tried with firewall and virus protection disabled, all to no avail. I have also tried on several different W10 PCs, but the error is completely consistent on all of them.

It's hard to believe that the problem doesn't lie with Optus. I hope they get it fixed before the EPL starts!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey @Bill_Shanahan, we'll raise this with the EPL team and let you know what we can do to get this fixed once we hear back from them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Bill_Shanahan our EPL team are saying they're unable to replicate this issue on our test machines. Are you still having issues playing EPL through the browsers above?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I always get the message "Playback error; please reload the stream and try again." no matter what I try on 5 different Windows 10 PCs in two locations. I've never seen it working on a Win 10 machine. If the EPL team is unable to replicate this error on their test machines, I love to know what is so special about their test machines?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I've had people mention that they were having issues due to their silverlight plugin not being up to date. Can you try updating that for me and let me know? - Shae

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I followed the suggestion for updating the silverlight add-in but it made no difference. My understanding is that Silverlight is supported only in IE and Firefox, but not in Chrome (my preferred browser) nor Microsoft's Edge. Which browser, or browsers, are the EPL support team using successfully under Windows 10?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Can we confirm that you've gone through all the troubleshooting steps via the links posted by MarkW above? Can you supply the version numbers of each browser and plug-in you're using? Also the OS version you have running?.Silverlight is compatible with Chrome/Windows 10.

We can pass along your information back to our EPL team to test again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I went through the troubleshooting/fixes for Windows 10 by MarkW. One involved updating the Widevine plugin for Chrome and the other deleting the mspr.hds file for Microsoft browsers (it was not clear whether this was supposed to fix IE or Edge).

I note that Microft says it does not support Silverlight for the Edge browser and Google also has withdrawn Silverlight support since version 42. Are you saying that the only way to stream EPL from Optus is through (the obsolescent) Silverlight?

I'm running with Windows 10. Chrome is version 52.0.2743.82 m and the Widevine plugin is  Version: 1.4.8.903. Microsoft Edge is version 25.10586.0.0.

You didn't answer my question: For which browsers running in Windows 10 has the EPL support team successfully tested streaming?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Bill_Shanahan, Silverlight is the only way to stream EPL at the moment. Other prominent streaming services like Netflix use the same streaming platform.

Our EPL team have tested working the below browsers on Windows 10.

•         Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 - PC Only)
•         IE11 on Windows 7 to 10
•         Mozilla Firefox
•         Google Chrome

I can grab your details over private message and see what other steps can be performed.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors