Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Playback error on PC

Trying to play some video content from the Optus Premier League web site "https://sport.optus.com.au/videos" on my Windows 10/IE11 PC. Every time I select a video to play I get the message "Playback error; please reload the stream and try again". Selecting the Retry button results in the same message.

Any ideas?

32 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Playback error on PC

Are you able to try a different browser like Google Chrome or Firefox? Has it worked before?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same with Google Chrome I am afraid. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I should add that it works on my android phone using the Optus sports app via the same broadband internet connection but not on my pc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey goudgem, can your private message me your Optus account details plus your computer set-up and we can get our IT guys to investigate further. Did any of the troubleshooting steps above help at all?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I just get a grey box where the video is meant to be. iMac OSX 10.10.5 in Firefox

Funny, It's ok on my mobile.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I haven't had chance to look at your suggestions, will try them out first then send you details as requested if required. May take me a day or two tho so please bear with me 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No worries goudgem, let us know how you go.

@per0 Are you able to test out Google Chrome and see if any of the troubleshooting steps on the link above help at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Got it! Using Google Chrome the step to remove the Widevine CDM Folder then updating the WidevineCDM plug-in fixed the problem. Thanks ever so much and hope this helps others who run in to this issue.

All the best!