cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Playback error on PC

Trying to play some video content from the Optus Premier League web site "https://sport.optus.com.au/videos" on my Windows 10/IE11 PC. Every time I select a video to play I get the message "Playback error; please reload the stream and try again". Selecting the Retry button results in the same message.

Any ideas?

32 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Playback error on PC

Are you able to try a different browser like Google Chrome or Firefox? Has it worked before?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same with Google Chrome I am afraid. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I should add that it works on my android phone using the Optus sports app via the same broadband internet connection but not on my pc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey goudgem, can your private message me your Optus account details plus your computer set-up and we can get our IT guys to investigate further. Did any of the troubleshooting steps above help at all?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I just get a grey box where the video is meant to be. iMac OSX 10.10.5 in Firefox

Funny, It's ok on my mobile.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I haven't had chance to look at your suggestions, will try them out first then send you details as requested if required. May take me a day or two tho so please bear with me 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No worries goudgem, let us know how you go.

@per0 Are you able to test out Google Chrome and see if any of the troubleshooting steps on the link above help at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Got it! Using Google Chrome the step to remove the Widevine CDM Folder then updating the WidevineCDM plug-in fixed the problem. Thanks ever so much and hope this helps others who run in to this issue.

All the best!