Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BarnesAve
New Contributor
New Contributor

Outlook not sending to optusnet.com

My email address ending in optusnet.com and has been OK until recently now Outlook does not send emails. If I change address to optusnet.com.au then sends emails. Original email address has been OK for years?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_YC

Re: Outlook not sending to optusnet.com

Hi @BarnesAve - thanks for sharing this with us here.

If this has happened recently as you mentioned, can you please try checking the incoming and outgoing servers for me? If a password has been updated recently, please ensure the new password is entered in the outgoing server and let us know if this fixes it up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
BarnesAve
New Contributor
New Contributor

Incoming server settings are OK and emails are received OK. Outgoing looks OK and there have been no password changes. As I said, if I add a .au to my original email address then emails are sent.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@BarnesAveThere were other email issues posted on yescrowd this week, so it may be the Optus has as usual changed something or broke something while doing an upgrade or they reconfigured something and as such it broke the way your email setup.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@AndS wrote:

so it may be the Optus has as usual changed something or broke something

Something strange is definitely happening. A little while ago I couldn't even load yescrowd (or even optus.com.au) due to DNS failure and I don't even use  Optus' DNS servers.

I think there was also a large scale Optus DNS failure very recently (i.e. last week or so).

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@BarnesAve  Maybe a recent  Outlook update  has caused the issue but I think it is more likely as others have posted it is an Optus change that is the cause.

If you feel like troubleshooting have you tried logging via a browser to webmail? if the optusnet.com fails then try the .au address.

If you have a access to a Device that you can try another email application and see if optusnet.com email address works. This would then confirm or rule out an Outlook issue.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos