Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Thewhit
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus sport choppy playback

I have only just started having this problem in the last 3 weeks. Up until now I've been using my Xperia Z5 to watch anything on the Optus Sport app with no problems. But now, the video will run smoothly except every 10 seconds or so the video will become choppy or stop all together. The sound will continue and the video will eventually resolve itself only to do it all again. I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting my phone to no avail. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus sport choppy playback

Hey @Thewhit, is this happening with all content?

I'd recommend sending your details through to the TV & Content team here. They'll verify your OS/App versions and investigate from our end.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Thewhit
New Contributor
New Contributor

I will try and watch a live match this weekend to see whether it's all content but for the time being let's just say it's on demand content. Thanks I'll pass the details on. 

0 Kudos
TGMav19
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey there. 

Was there any resolution to this? I have the exact same issue, again using a Z5. Worked fine for about a year and a half and recently started getting choppy on both playback and live streams. Doesn't happen on any other app, do it's not a phone issue. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Thewhit
New Contributor
New Contributor

No solution. The link supplied to the TV and content team required me to provide broadband account details and I am not a broadband subscriber. Phone still choppy. I'm due for a new phone in 3 months or so but still incredibly inconvenient. And it happens during live matches as well.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Thewhit Sorry to hear you were unable to use the form. There are 2 tabs available, one for home internet, one for postpaid mobile.

If you have any issues using the above form. Please feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can send it off for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors